1. This forum is in read-only mode.

RockBand Wii

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by CUBeR64, Mar 25, 2008.

1. CUBeR64

CUBeR64 Member

Who here is going to support this half-assed attempt by EA at making some quick cash off the Wii's success? I'm certainly not... and if you're not aware, they took out online and downloadable songs.. which basically kills the point of playing the game in the first place.

2. Roshi

Roshi Well-Known Member

Ugh... I'm not buying this. T_T

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Guitar Hero 3 is enough..

4. Absolutely not. The European release of Rock Band was pushed back because of this stupid attempt of making money. I'm certainly not happy with that. So no, I would personally NEVER buy this.

5. Warren_303

Warren_303 Well-Known Member

Yeah its too bad the Wii doesn't have a HDD to save the downloadable games.

I dont see why we couldn't just save these on a server or an SD card. Oh well i probably wouldn't buy it anyway.

^ I agree ;D

6. ultra

ultra Guest

the wii has a hard drive, a very small hard drive [512MB is a hard drive space, it's just very small for todays application and needs for space].

i think developers are unsure on how to offer the downloadable content on to the wii. so it's the wii's interface and structure that developers are unsure of on how to do it, xbox and ps3 are probably in an interface similar to the pc [especially xbox] and it's easy for developers. in addition, publishers are unsure if the wii owners may be interested on paying for downloadable content.

i do believe it is a cash-in for the publisher [ea] as they were probably unsure or were pessimistic about the wii's success after the holidays. but after still strong sales they decided to go for it. i'm hoping that the wii may end up like the ds, a slow start but eventually will lead to a stronger support.

7. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

do wii owners not pay for the arcade games already? lol I know i used to. but yeah im sure the only real downfall is that HD space.

8. ultra

ultra Guest

downloading the arcade games as in virtual console games??
    if that's what you mean then no they do not count because those are games, and downloadable content are extras.

it would be like paying 5-10 dollars for being able to watch [download] a full movie like i am legend. but if i want the extra features to make the movie more worthwhile [adding subtitles, deleted scenes, etc.] i should pay 5 more dollars for extra features that i would like to see and add.

hopefully when wiiware is released, there would be more investments by developers and publishers to make games for it and maybe force nintendo to develop a storage solution then the 512MB limit on the system. but i think eventually they will probably have to develop a storage solution.

9. Warren_303

Warren_303 Well-Known Member

The OS gives us the option to backup the VC games with an SD card.

Since there are USB ports maybe they will come out with a Nintendo external HDD. :D

10. ultra

ultra Guest

actually, that's what everyone is hoping for, an external usb 2.0 hard drive [probably 2.5" hard drives as they don't need additional power other then the usb power].

what people want is a direct access to the memory card not having to move things around.