1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Reviews

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by iamlegend, Apr 10, 2008.

1. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

Why can't we comment on reviews ? ???
    Mods can comment.....
    and it's not as if their comments matter more or less than the rest of ours....

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

To stop people flaming them and to avoid them going off topic. Mods will not comment for the sake of it, they will only comment if they have a good reason.

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Uhh, people can't comment on reviews? Did we base that on actual flames or just the possibility?

4. Loonylion

possibility I think, you just wanted them closed to replies.

5. Seph

Ah well, I dunno what I was thinking, lets see how it goes when they can anyway. So reopened for replies.

6. iamlegend

I see alot of pointless comments on the reviews...

Thank you...

7. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

So far most of the comments done by mods are to congratulate the writer on a job well done. Pointless yes, other people do it yes, but maybe like what lion says, some may actually flame instead of saying something good about the review.

8. iamlegend

Where's the line between flaming and pointing out something thats not good...?

9. Loonylion

if its not good then it won't be around very long...

10. iamlegend

There are bad points to all reviews, and if pointing them out is considered flaming....then why bother...?

11. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Pointing them out is not flaming, it's how you point them out. E.g

1.I see the point of your review, however in my opinion I can't agree because bla*bla* (Yes)
    2.What the f*** this review sux, you sux, Im leaving the forum forever (No)

12. Seph

Yeah but I don't exactly think people will be like that, and if they are then I have a shiny ban button that I'd like to use some more.

13. nu885

nu885 Well-Known Member

i dont think people should be able to comment on reviews even though i just did like 20 minutes ago.. just because of flaming , if they didn't like the game or the review they should make their own review ;D or game ;D

14. CJneeds6characters

CJneeds6characters Well-Known Member

huh I think that reviews should be opened to comments and flamming is ban

but I agree with nu885 that if you don't like it make a review about the game and see if you can do better.

also I don't know why people are still posting here posting on reviews was reopened this is sorta spam. so maybe it should be closed. I dunno