1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Reviews about the Supercard SD cart

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Devilkid32176, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Devilkid32176

Devilkid32176 Well-Known Member

friend is giving me another flash cart and from what i read on it that its decent in game play
    and stuff but i want to hear from other people that have used this card

http://eng.supercard.sc/manual/sd.htm

also, i would like to know if has better compatibility with the pokemon than the EZ-Flash cart?
    because i combed that site but it doesn't have a decent list of what games work for it

edit: this is the card im talking about:
    [​IMG]

2. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

scds2/supercard dstwo works with every game out atm with the latest firmware i think but its a great card the supercard dsone isn't as good but still a great card ( i ordered one about 2 weeks ago and i don't think its ever going to come :( i paid about $35 Au)

3. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

SCDS2 is the best card out and it is miles better than EZ-Flash. Its can bypass most if not all A.P and it holds the ability to emulate

4. Devilkid32176

no, no not the DSTwo

did you even see the site i put up there??? this is the for the slot-2 supercard

5. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

Nope, its just you said flash cart and I jumped to conclusions obviously.

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I hear that they support all of their carts instead of just abandoning the older ones like most flashcart companies do.

7. Devilkid32176

hmm... sorry if there was a misunderstanding, maybe if i reword my question better:

the card i posted the picture for in my first post is a slot-2 flashcart and i wanted to know what games actually work on it, also adding to the question, does the pokemon games for the GBA work better on this card than they do on the EZ-Flash?

8. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

scds2 supports gba but it is a bit expensive

9. Devilkid32176

well, i have a DSTwo but i wanted to know about this one, cause my friend is bringing it to me tomorrow

10. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

That's the SuperCard SD (NDS Slot-2 version) originally for the GameBoy.

Quote from one of the below link:
    "The Super Card is a nice flash cart, but it has its drawbacks. The limited GBA compatibility and hard to access SD slot may turn some people off. The Super Card is a nice low price alternative is you just want something to play your DS games."

The full review is in here:
    Since its from GBATEMP.NET, might as well put it in the spoiler for some reason.
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=30230
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=27308

11. Devilkid32176

thank you for the links there :) but all they say is that the card has great support with the roms, which livens up one part of me, now do you know how it fairs against the pokemon games?

12. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

The game should run ok, but there will be issues with the save files. You'll probably will need to rely on the SuperCard's Save convertor software for it to save properly.

That's about all that I know about issues that normally happen on Slot-2 devices for the GBA games.

And you'd need the GBA TOOLS ADVANCE (http://www.no-intro.org/gbadat/tools/gbata7a-en.zip) to patch the pokemon games to remove the "Internal Battery Dry" issue which if you been playing on VBA Advance should know that its referring to the SAVE file.

13. Devilkid32176

ok, so the same support as the EZ-Flash then :( dang, i was hoping to get another slot-2 card that could link between the pokemon games >__>