1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Retry:[PS2]-Gran Turismo 4: The Real Driving Simulator---iluvgtavcs

Discussion in 'Review Submission' started by iluvgtavcs, Oct 4, 2009.

1. iluvgtavcs

iluvgtavcs Guest

I'm going to redo the review, please give me some space...I'm only 11 years old!

Presentation:
    Gran Turismo 4: The Real Driving Simulator is the the fourth installment to the critically acclaimed Gran Turismo series. It has upgraded graphics and physics that make the game look much better than it's predecessor, Gran Turismo 3. There are over 700 cars to pick from 80 manufacturers, and it includes 51 tracks, mostly of the fictional tracks that came from the previous GT games.
    Score: 10.0/10.0
    [​IMG]

Graphics:
    The graphics are simply wonderful. The cars aren't to matte and not too glossy. The cars look very real. 3D bystanders also show up. There is also an option of 1080i HD. The buildings look nice, too. The only bad in the graphics are that there are no damage visuals when the car hits walls/other cars.
    Score:9.5/10
    [​IMG]

Gameplay:
    It's very easy to control with the Dualshock 2 Analog Controller, and if you got a Logitech USB steering wheel, you can use it on the PS2 for added fun.
    The career mode,AKA Gran Turismo Mode is where you spend most of your time in, because that's where you unlock most of the content used in Arcade Mode. Still, it is very fun since there are no feelings of repetitive racing. Not only can you race but you can also upgrade the car with over tons of tuning equipment, like turbo, weight modification, brakes, etc.
    There is also a B-Spec mode, where you get to direct commands to the AI controlled car, but there are limited decisions to choose.
    Score: 9.9/10.0

Sound:
    Music tracks are great, but not perfect. Nothing really much to say for the least of me. Well OK, um...
    They sometimes recycle the sound effects, like when the car loses control. The soundtrack is picked randomly, so you would not get your favourite soundtrack every time...kind of depressing. I like the music Get Closer. It's sweet.
    Score: 9.5/10.0

Lasting Appeal:
    If you are a real fan of cars and love old and new ones then this is the game you are looking for, and the replay value should be high. For a kid like me, I love this game, and I've only finished 9.9%. Yet it sure is fun racing with different cars.
    Score: 10.0/10.0
    Final:

Presentation: 10/10
    Graphics:9.5/10
    Gameplay:9.9/10
    Sound:9.5/10
    Lasting Appeal:10/10
    End Score: 49.3/50

Great game. I would recommend it to anyone who likes cars/racing/speed!

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I don't think any GT game has ever had damage, whether visuals or physics.

3. grimsim1

grimsim1 Well-Known Member

Please post your review in the review submissions section as it needs to be assessed before it is accepted!
    As for the review, please make sure you read the review section rules and adjust accordingly (even if you are 11 years old).

4. iluvgtavcs

iluvgtavcs Guest

thanx...
    very sorry!

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

The game gt4 seens to have tire damage as I seen.

WHy else is there pit stops for endurance races XD

It has some wethier physics...rain dropping on your windshield and the track naturally becomes slippery.

But that was in a quick play thru, but it did seem to have something, just nothing spectatular.

6. iluvgtavcs

iluvgtavcs Guest

Mmmm...
    I guess I screwed up again?

7. Loonylion

its much better than the previous attempted, but can be improved further. You don't need to start again, just click the 'modify' button at the top of your first post.

8. iluvgtavcs

iluvgtavcs Guest

oh thanks for telling me!
    Post Merge: [time]1254753984[/time]
    Could anyone gimme an idea of how im supposed to edit?(e.g., grammar, font sizes, etc.

9. asdzxc123789

asdzxc123789 Well-Known Member

I suggest you to watch IGN's GT5 Crash Video.

And a decent review. Gratz!

10. iluvgtavcs

iluvgtavcs Guest

11. iluvgtavcs

iluvgtavcs Guest

does anyone know how I can improve this one...
    I have no IDEA.....
    And could anyone give me another link for IGN's GT5 Crash Video? I want to watch it on Youtube but since there is a block here in China, I can't use Youtube

12. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

IGN's site?

13. iluvgtavcs

iluvgtavcs Guest

...good point

14. iluvgtavcs

iluvgtavcs Guest

why cant i make this any better?!

15. iluvgtavcs

iluvgtavcs Guest

someone gimme an idea of how to make this better...
    Post Merge: [time]1255799557[/time]
    mmmm... no one is gonna reply then....

16. Loonylion

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=20780.0

17. iluvgtavcs

iluvgtavcs Guest

thank you sooo much....
    i kinda ignored that....
    sorry for the trouble man.
    Im so sorry.
    Post Merge: [time]1255799881[/time]
    ok i love the spell check...
    it helps me soo much

18. iluvgtavcs

iluvgtavcs Guest

damn i sure love the graphix!!!

19. xmasterchefx

xmasterchefx Well-Known Member

GT5 is now implementing crash physics and damage indications on the cars now. And yes, since the PS2 Gran Turismos (GT3 and 4), there has been tire damage that affect your speed and turning conditions in weather. I dunno about the other installments of the game though.