1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Retro Support in YSMenu

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Cyphus, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyphus

Cyphus New Member

I have an R4 with YSMenu, created with R4YSAuto (this should be all the latest versions). I read on some of the features list that you could use emulators as long as they were in the root folder. I put goomba and pocketnes in my root folder and some roms to test them (Pokemon Blue version and the original Super Mario Bros). However, these games do not automatically work as described. I understand to use gba games you need a Slot-2 device, and I have the EZ-V Flashcart for that purpose. Is there some kind of configuration I'm missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, a small side note, I haven't gotten YSMenu to work with the usrcheat.dat that I gave it. This isn't as important though, as I rarely use cheats.

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=5002.0

3. Cyphus

Cyphus New Member

I fully understand the list of emulators out there. Every guide I've been on that lists features for YSMenu states something like "[YSMenu] will also support SNES, NES, GB, and GBC ROMs as long as you have the emulator in the root." So I put a gb emulator in the root, try and run Pokemon Blue... nothing. After googling for hours, I can't find a single thing that actually says HOW YSMenu supports GB emulators. On top of that, I couldn't find anyone who said they've gotten these emulators to work.

My current position is that the guides are lying, there's no such support and until now there's no one to question it. I have the emulator in the root, I have a Slot-2 device. There's no reason it shouldn't work.

4. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

The emulator uses the kernal , not the kernal uses the emulator

And an emu would work the same way with kernal or ysmenu

1. make sure the games are unpacked from the zip or rar arcive
    2. check homepage of how to use the emulator

Your card should play thease games in slot one

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.