1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis - No sound during FMVs and cutscenes

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by wolf_rider, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolf_rider

wolf_rider Member

I've burnt the image file (an ISO file converted from a CUE file using MagicISO) onto the CD using Astroburn/Daemon Tools Lite at the slowest writing speed (8x). I'm playing it on a modded PS2 and although there are sound effects and background music ingame, there is no sound during FMVs and ingame cutscenes.

I've reburnt the game 3 times and the problem is still there.

Can anyone help please?

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

You shouldn't have converted it, doing that may cause a loss of cound.

Those cue format iso's (yeah those are a different type of iso :p ) are still burnable.

Just keep all files in the set together, and burn it using the main file via "img burn"

It'll warn you if you chose the wrong file...

If this is the resident evil 3 from here, it does work on a modded ps2, or a psp for that matter :)

3. wolf_rider

wolf_rider Member

Unfortunately I already tried burning the CUE file. When I loaded it up on my PS2, instead of reading the CD-R and automatically loading the game it went into the PS2's browser (where you can manage the save files on your memory card). There was a PS2 disc icon next to the memory card icon. Clicking on the disc icon however didn't do anything and kept returning me to that screen.

It was because the CUE file image didn't work that I had to try converting it into an ISO file. I have also tried burning the CUE file a few times on the slowest write speed. Now the ISO allows me to play the game but there's no sound during the FMVs and cutscenes. The ROM is in fact downloaded from romulation.

Thanks for the help though, much appreciated. Any other ideas?

4. shashimii

shashimii Well-Known Member

buy the original one. :D
    and..
    its cheap here in our country.. somewhat like 50-10 pesos or 1-2 us dollars

just sharing.. :)

EDIT: does it ps2 read ps1 disc?

5. wolf_rider

wolf_rider Member

I live in a PAL region, so it's much harder tracking down a copy on EBay than it is with NTSC games.

6. shashimii

shashimii Well-Known Member

ahh. is there a place where you can buy in sidewalk?

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

No.

If your in australia, I'd suggest checking online via game traders...prices for a game like this are simerlar to brand new because they charge by rareity...

They are just like eb games but sell retro games.

Also, if you had a wii/gamecube that's modded, I could say get the version for that, I play resident evil 2 this way (got the real copy :) )

As for the disc burning since you already have it...

So I can assume your using img burn, tried the lowest speed as mentioned, and still nothing...

-What brand disc are you using? (I use sony CD-r)

-WHat mod chip? (I use modbo for ps2 slim)

I'll work as best as I can, once i locate this via my harddrive backups I may attempt playing this on mine, see if mine goes.

8. wolf_rider

wolf_rider Member

I'm using TDK CD-R and a Matrix Infinity modchip. However, I'm starting to think it may be the modchip's problem (or the modder stuffed something up while he was welding) because I also tried to burn and play Megaman X4 (also a .cue file) and had the same problem with the PS2 not automatically reading the disc.

9. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

If are in the uk, most locale market's, or cash converters should have it for a pound or two
    Post Merge: [time]1263818588[/time]
    You are best of looking for a mdf-mds image of the game made with Alcohol 120% as it keeps the audio tracks, that might be the problem

bin-cure image's don't keep audio tracks, are iso image

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...Do other disc work?

Real ones?

It could be a sign of the laser dieing :(

But the chance of it being your mod chip are 70% ...best find the dude and ask for a fix ,and be demanding...it's their job to do it right the first time-I had to watch my modder do my gamecube several times because he obviously never done it before (or in a long time), only reason I didn't do it is because i lack a steady hand and tools to do it :(

11. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

also how are you burning the image?, it happened to me a few times that i burned the image, but i dint mounted it, if you have toast go:

Copy>Bin/Cue (select the bin and cue files)> select mount> then burn at 8x.

12. wolf_rider

wolf_rider Member

Yes, all original PS2 and PS1 games still work. Other burnt PS1 games also work, such as Xenogears (mdf converted to iso iirc), Breath of Fire 3 (.img) and Final Fantasy Tactics (also a .cue file).

So it's quite difficult to narrow down the problem given some games seem to work and some don't.

13. wolf_rider

wolf_rider Member

Can anyone else confirm that the ROM from romulation works correctly? I've tried 3 different burning programs (Nero Express, Astroburn and Imgburn), 2 brands of discs (Verbatim and TDK), 2 different burners and tried running the ISO using ePSXe. In the end I still can't get RE3 to run correctly. It also failed the verify process when I used imgburn twice. Perhaps the problem is with the ROM?

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...Unfortunatly due to twist of fate, my ps2 is out of reach :(

I shall attempt to try the iso however in the future, but I do know that some games I've had have lost audio.

Take mortal kombat trilogy for example, with the one from here I lost audio.

But I made a copy of the real one (a straight iso with cue file) and that retained sound.

Something to do with the CD-DA files.

Even my copy (not sure from here) or resident evil survivor had sound issues, but again, iso with CUE set retained it.

People will argue, but having some games in img format is a pain, at least in my case.

15. Jhon 591

CD-XA tracks, That what Alcohol 120% MDF-MDS images keeps

16. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

My copy of resident evil survivor was in those formats, it kept none of the CD-XA audio (thnaks for educating me :) )...

I find it odd that an iso with a cue kept more sound than the one's here.

17. Jhon 591

Some games don't as the later ones from the earlyer ones, Hear is a list of games that have CD-XA audio tracks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_1_games_with_CD_audio_tracks

http://jonatkins.org/cdxa/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.