1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Resident evil 2 iso problem

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by jagged256, Jul 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jagged256

jagged256 Member

I'm Running Resident evil 2 dual shock edition on epsxe 1.7, and it always freezes at the same time, right when you meet the gun shop owner. Did the file get corrupted in download or something?

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

If you extracted the image file successfully with no errors or problems, it didn't get corrupt.

3. jagged256

jagged256 Member

Does anyone else have the problem? I got the file from this site, its only on cd1

4. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Maybe the emulator is not perfect.

5. jagged256

jagged256 Member

Might be, thats why I'm asking if anyone else is having a similar problem or if I'm just an isolated case.

6. anandjones

You can try using an older version of ePSXe, or if you're using ffdshow, disable it for the time being.

7. jagged256

jagged256 Member

What's ffdshow?

8. anandjones

If you don't know what it is, you don't have it :)

9. jagged256

jagged256 Member

Hey I found A quick fix for my problem for anyone else having similar issues. If the next area isn't loading or the characters voices arent being played during cutscenes, just hit esc, then continue under run in the epsxe menu. Works in most cases.

10. wydyadoit

wydyadoit Member

i think most isos and other emulation sofware are the same no matter where you get it from
    so even if you did download it from somewhere else it would still stick
    maybe the big explosion from the window breaking is causing the game to freeze which might mean plugins need changing or computer needs better components.
    p.s. that was total observation and hypothesis from a rookie so could a champion gamer please confirm it true or false

11. link1438

link1438 Well-Known Member

I was having some sort of a problem, but it wasn't with resi 2 (I solved the problem before I got it) it was MGS.

It just wouldn't really work.

Now heres a question: Do you have the correct bios/plugins?
    Are they configured?

12. anandjones

If he didn't get the right bios, he wouldn't have been able to play it.

13. _whistler_

_whistler_ Member

hey does anyone know a good way to stop or lessen the amount of times it freezes during the game?

14. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Which part did that happen??

15. _whistler_

_whistler_ Member

Basically it happens at random, every now and then it freezes for a bit (or in some cases I need to restart the emulator EPSXE).

16. SSanchez

SSanchez New Member

I have the same problem,

i don't think you can help this freezing for now, no matter wich plugins ur using. tho i did come pretty far in the game!
    just by pressing F1 (save estate) each time i enter a room, so when it crashes i'll load my last estate.
    it can be really annoying but theres nothing else i can do about it.

17. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

If you have good hardware mabe you should play Resident evil 2 on project 64

http://forums.ngemu.com/project-64-discussion/125977-resident-evil-2-rice-video-glide64-depth-problem-fix-seteo3d.html

http://forums.ngemu.com/project-64-discussion/125977-resident-evil-2-rice-video-glide64-depth-problem-fix-seteo3d-2.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.