1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Requirements to play DS games at full speed!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Bardon, Oct 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bardon

Bardon Member

hey there, i wanted to ask if anyone can tell me what i should do to make my DS games run better.....i've been encountering problems with mostly 3D games of DS and they seem to be playing slow compared to any 2D game like any GBA game such as pokemon.....so can anyone clarify this for me?

~Thanks
    Bardon

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

better computer, but even that won't help much. You'll just have to wait for a more efficient emulator.

3. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the emulators out now aren't so great... but my PC has a 700MHZ processor and 320MB Ram runs just about any DS game at about 75%

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Make sure you're using no$gba 2.6a. You can change options such as the 3D renderer to no$cash and lower the Audio quality etc.

5. Bardon

Bardon Member

I am using no$gba 2.6a
    and i did adjust the sound and 3D renderer which only made my game rise from 50 to 60%....=P and apparently i'm not sure if it really would require a high graphic PC just to play a 3D game of this level.....it hardly reaches the level of most 3D games that are normally found in PC...my older computer was able to play games that appeared more 3D than DS games and it wasn't even XP....it was windows 98 too! now i have seemingly a better computer so i assume that the problem may be in the emulator then? it seems its still needs a few kinks to work on...

6. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Using No$zoomer might help, by activating one of the Ex might give the game some performance increase.

7. Bardon

Bardon Member

whats no$zoomer? can u tell me how do i use it? and i've just downloaded kingdom hearts and would u believe it.....the entire game hardly reaches 40% due to it being entirely 3D! >.<
    i was really looking forward to that game...

8. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

No$zoomer is an add-on for no$gba that allow you to zoom, as well to fix some games.
    Such as The World End With You, the links to download it can be found around here I think
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

9. Bardon

Bardon Member

well i can't zoom my games since that would only make em slower.....and can u tell me how i can make my 3D games faster using No$zoomer?

10. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

it's mostly on the processor's power [processor speed?]

11. Bardon

Bardon Member

well mine is 866MHZ so i assume it should be fast enough? o_O

12. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Using no$zoomer won't make it slower, when playing KH 358/2 Days, activate Ex 0 to make it moves at normal speed.

866 Mhz seems kinda slow in my opinion.

13. Blade5406

That's slow for this emulator.

14. Bardon

Bardon Member

well i have pentium 3 and also that no$zoomer did make it a bit faster but when it came down to the 3D part (which is basically the whole game including movies) it was barely running at 30%!
    whats your speed with this game?

15. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

I can reach 100% and 60 fps that's using dualcore.
    My old laptop with 1,3 GHZ can play this game at decent speed with the only slowdown is on the fps but the speed is still 100%. The decreased fps usually happens in the movie part.

16. Blade5406

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.