1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Report button on rom comments page.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by mds64, Nov 20, 2009.

1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

https://www.romulation.org/NDS/4450_-_Planet_51_(U)(Xenophobia).rar.html/

While the Ap hacker is nice, this should be private, and could land us in trouble :(

If a button is there, it could mean instant moderation of bad/stupid/not within rules comments.

Now I suppose that link could have been made into trading board...but not sure if it can stay where it is.

Anyway, it means instant removal of comments because people who don't use forums here (which there are many) could use this, and overall I think it's more effiecient than making a thread just to say someone is doing it bad...

2. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Better yet, hire mods with no lives that can trawl through the comments ad infinitum. Report buttons are bound to get abused.

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Comment moderation is time consuming. I usually hit up the Recent Releases comments twice a day though.

I think it'd be nice to be able to purge all comments less than 4 words. (No important game comments are that small anyway).

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...I'd offer to help but I hardly visit..I only came up with this so people who go here often can report.

As for the second thing you mentioned...prehaps something like post merge-but it auto-deletes post of less than 4 words.

THAT would be harder to attach however :(

5. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

You hardly visit? You practically live here.

6. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Give me a big stick I can take care of them

Respect my make believe authoritah! *thack*That's a Bad,*thack* bad, *thack* useless comment *thack* BAD! *thack,thack*

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I meant in the comments about roms.

I know where I hang :)

8. The AP hacker

The AP hacker Well-Known Member

...People asked me for a link, so I gave them one...Didn't realise I was doing anything wrong. Sorry. Geez. ::)lol.

9. The AP hacker

The AP hacker Well-Known Member

Also, technically romulation did not supply the download, the site I linked to did...So romulation has no fault... What did I do wrong?

I do support your idea though, just kinda mad you thought of it cause you woulda done it to me..:( lol

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Ony because it was a link to another website (if memory serves correctly...).

It is agaisn't site's rules to post links to other forums/competing websites.

I'd pm them, or if they don't check the forums and pm's, try emailing them, there is an email icon on their profiles that sends an email to their adress directly.

This is what I do btw.