1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Remarkable way to help world hunger.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AzN1NoOdLez, Nov 16, 2007.

1. AzN1NoOdLez

AzN1NoOdLez Member

I came across a site called freerice.com. The site has a vocab. game that helps you educate yourself and at the same time helps world hunger. Every time you get an answer correctly you end up donating 10 grains of rice. There seems to be no limit to how much rice you can donate through doing this. I spend a good 10-20 minutes on it daily. Usually getting up to 10,000 grain donated. I noticed the post about "Proper English" on the forum. So I thought you guys would appreciate this site like I do.

www.freerice.com

If everyone spends 5-10 minutes on it daily, It'd make a slight dent in world hunger. On the website there is a Faq/Totals tab. Click for more info. Sorry if I'm not suppose to post something like this here.

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

http://www.poverty.com/internationalaid.html

Makes one proud to be Danish. :)

3. AzN1NoOdLez

AzN1NoOdLez Member

I'm definitely not an American :mad: :mad: :mad:

4. airsoft1117

airsoft1117 Well-Known Member

^ Same goes for me

5. disturbiated

disturbiated Guest

wow, that's a really cool site. i think that's a great idea. i just might try to get my school involved, maybe tell someone about it, this is a great idea. i like the vocab. testing to, very fun.

6. kaiden

kaiden Well-Known Member

freerice makes me want to visit vietnam O_O

7. Rockstar99

Rockstar99 Well-Known Member

Yay 3850 rice ;D pretty good site!

8. AzN1NoOdLez

AzN1NoOdLez Member

hmm why vietnam? i've been to vietnam 3 times. Its not exactly a 3rd world country.

9. beundertaker

beundertaker Active Member

I discovered that site about 2-3 weeks ago. Then last week my English teacher assigned us to donate 500 grains of rice by visiting that website. :p

10. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

well you dont need to be good in english to do this XD

just google away....and take some educated guess....

11. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

woo hoo...100 grains of rice

...shut up

12. DarkSpace

DarkSpace Member

1000 grains, I'm good for the day

13. Void

Void Well-Known Member

This site is really cool. I stopped at only 300. But whatever, I'll keep doing it another time.

14. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

I've donated over 2000 grains of rice in total but started to get bored.

15. dcbaeces

dcbaeces Member

nice site I'm telling my friends and school about this,wow an American school helping out.

16. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

300 grains. I just helped a little boy named Billy in a third-world country.

Update: I just added one of their banners to my signature. You guys should do so too.

17. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Been at this for a while, kinda gets boring after a while though. Good idea though :)

18. Reider

Reider Modereider

It was nice to see some words that actually required a little thinking on my part to remember their meaning for a change :p

19. AzN1NoOdLez

AzN1NoOdLez Member

They changed it to 20 grains of rice instead of 10 for each time you answer it correctly.

20. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

I donated another 2,000 grains of rice because each of my answers are worth more now. ;)