1. This forum is in read-only mode.

REIN v17

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Lukav, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Lukav

Lukav Well-Known Member

Ok, so I saw this program on LinFox Domain, and I thought it was going to be the exact program I needed.

Is this program only to be used with a Slot 2 device? I booted it up on my Slot 1, and tried to backup a save game from an official cart, but it just gave me some random letters and symbols.

I was really hoping I'd be able to backup my saves, so that I can keep them on my M3DSS.

If it is just for slot 2 card, then why can't someone make one for slot 1 cards? =[

I mean, it couldn't be too hard, could it? It could just take the save data from the real game cart, dump it into the DS's memory, you put your slot 1 back in, and that's it.

Also, in case this program does do what I want it to do, could someone explain how? >_>

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You can't exactly backup a Slot 1 save file from a cartridge with a Slot 1 flashcart. You'd need a Slot 2 flashcart to run the application with the original game Slot 1 cartridge inserted, back it up onto the internal memory, and then restore that back on your Slot 2 media. Unless you're trying to backup a GBA game, in that case it wouldn't work, the application wouldn't know how to interpret GBA and save the save file onto another media.

3. Lukav

Lukav Well-Known Member

I was just wondering if it were possible to run REIN on my M3DS Simply, take it out, stick a comerical NDS game in, stick the save of it into the RAM, put my M3DS Simply back in, and unload it from the RAM to my MicroSD Card.

The DS apparently has 4MB of RAM, so I'm sure it would be possible, we just need someone to make it. =/

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Nah, it would be cool if they could do that, but coding just doesn't allow that, as you take out the cartridge on which the data is stored, it can't hold virtual memory.