1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Reformatting My PSP's Memory Card

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by tarotmaniac, Aug 20, 2010.

1. tarotmaniac

tarotmaniac Well-Known Member

So I lost some files in my psp and i tried recovering it but its taking insanely long and nothing useful has been recovered yet so i was thinking of just reformatting it. The psp was just given to me and none of the files really are a need i was just wondering if i may need something on it specifically. it runs on 5.50 GEN D-3. So i was wondering what i might need and if it would be ok to do so and how do i do it. Thanks for the help in advance :D

2. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Well formatting the Memory Stick should be fine I think, it's not the PSP that has been formatted after all.
    Just backup the data in it before you do that though.

then again, better wait for more confirmation.

3. tarotmaniac

what do you meant back up the info? Well you can view what happened to it here http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=46273.0
    its really stressing me out and its really eating a lot of time which could be used for more important things so i really need this resolved soon. So any help/advice will be great :D

4. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

There's some data that is being saved on the Memory Stick right ?
    Better make a copy of those data in case you need it.

5. tarotmaniac

OHH. Yeah. Ok I think Ill Do That. So with that being done would it be ok to use the same stuff thats in the mem card of my psp 3000? its has cfw. And do you think i need any other additional stuff that needs to be placed?

6. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Well....different type of PSP may need different program so I'm not sure about that.
    You said your old one was the 2000 right ? Maybe the ISOs can still be played, not sure about the other programs.

7. tarotmaniac

The ironic thing is that the 2000 can play more games than my 3000 meaning my 3000 couldnt play for example pixeljunk monsters and fat princess but the 2000 could