1. This forum is in read-only mode.

RED "MENU?" error on top screen, it was working fine today and all of a sudden..

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by brutusbrutus, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brutusbrutus

brutusbrutus Member

:( Hello, I downloaded a bunch of games onto my 4gb card, it was working and everything and then i turned it on and it's giving me the message "MENU?" in red on the top screen. Can you PLEASE help me? Thank you soooooooo much!!! i don't know much, but i followed a friends instructions and it worked perfectly, now....not so much.

2. finalmario

finalmario Well-Known Member

What flash card is it?

3. matty999555

matty999555 Well-Known Member

What card is it, what size micro sd?

It usually means the menu files are missing, just copy them onto it. Else copy everything onto your computer, format with Panasonic Formatter and try again.

4. brutusbrutus

brutusbrutus Member

Re: RED \"MENU?\" error on top screen, it was working fine today and all of a sudden..

Awww...what a quick reply - thank you so kindly! :)
    It is an R4 card with a 4gb micro SD card inside made by kingston.
    I had games on it and it was working fine, then today i went to add more games and delete others...tested some games out. It was working fine then went to turn it on again after 15min and it showed this errir all of a sudden. i know nothing about this technology stuff, all i know is that it isn't working. :( Boooooo!!!!
    If you could help me, that would be totally Awesome.
    Post Merge: [time]1263246262[/time]
    I just don't get it.....it was working from 11:30am until about 1pm.
    Then - Nothing....just this silly error.
    I don't know how to reformat anything.
    I did this @ school this morning and I have a ocmputer at home, but no internet, just on my work computer, but im afraid i don't think i can download of insert a USB card/flash drive.

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

If it is an original R4, the 4GB card will not work on it. You have to use 2GB or smaller.

6. brutusbrutus

brutusbrutus Member

I rec'd purchase this R4 in August. It came with a 2G and that worked fine. Then in October, I purchased a larger card (4GB) from the same company (my sister did the same thing and she has never rec'd this problem) It was working great from October until now. I downloaded more gmaes today and i was able to play the new games, I shut it down and reached for it to lay and it now says MENU?.

7. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Does your computer recognize the MicroSD when you connect it?

You may have accidentally deleted the firmware files from the card. You need to go to the website listed on the box to download the correct firmware files. Or www.linfoxdomain.com/ds and download the ones for your card (not any other card).

8. brutusbrutus

brutusbrutus Member

Re: RED \"MENU?\" error on top screen, it was working fine today and all of a sudden..

I will make an attempt all though I am not savvy when it comes to downloaded and uploading etc.... i don't even know terms. But do you know why it was working perfectly this morning for a couple of hours and know nothing????
    Doe this mean I lost all of the games I downloaded???? Will I lose any in this process??? and what exactly do i do??? thank you thank you thank you!!
    Post Merge: [time]1263251065[/time]
    Any others out there that can assist me. Pretty please.

9. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

TirithRR anserd your qwestion

Someone may have deleted a file on your ds buy pressing the X button

Place your Micro SDcard in the card reader, onto you pc backup games and saves, format it, download firmware from the site listed on your box, Unpack files from arcive and place them onto your microSD card, reput your games and saves back onto it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.