1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Recording your gameplay

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by FormalMoogle, Nov 27, 2010.

1. FormalMoogle

FormalMoogle Well-Known Member

I hope this is the right board to ask this question and also I have read the FAQ and It said nothing about recording. I use DSmune and I wish to record some of the gameplay right off the game I am playing. The thing is that I usually record with the "record AVI" feature and while the recording is running the game would run VERY slow and it disrupts my gameplay a lot. When I playback the video, though, it would run at normal speed.
    So, are there any way to make the game run at normal speed or at least at a decent speed during the recording?

Thank you in advance.

2. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

it means your PC is slow. sadly the only possible solution is to upgrade your PC

3. mrlemmons1

mrlemmons1 Well-Known Member

ive recorded a video too, but im just wondering.... why are the video filesizes so large? a couple minutes ~ 1GB

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You must not be compressing them. Raw video data is massive. Various codecs exist that compress the data (similar to how RAR/Zip files do). Rather than storing the whole frame, it stores only the data that changes. This is why when you jump forward on some poor quality compressions, the screen screws up and takes a few seconds before the entire image refreshes.

Depending on what program you are using, you could have the option to save as raw format, and apply the codec later, or record it in an existing codec (like DivX or Xvid)

5. FormalMoogle

Bummer. Cant really do anything about the laptop(yes, lol)'s case but I perhaps could try Codecing it and see if it works? I wonder If I could record up to about 10 mins or so of gameplay which is standard Youtube video length for each segment.

6. FormalMoogle

Ah, I figured out how to upload it to Youtube with a good format: convert it using Oxelon to mov. It is great. I don't know If I could make the game less laggy during recording because it is almost unbearable but I have been willing to give No$GBA a shot however I cannot find the recording feature.