1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Recommended DS Lite Flashcart

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by sapphiregurl88, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Hi everyone,

I have the original R4 card and it worked very well for me up until now where I can't play any newly downloaded games anymore since it every time I tried to open a new game it keeps saying that they can't read the data.

Now, I'm looking to buy a new one and I was wondering which flashcart is the best to get and most recommended that could play any newer games (i.e. kingdoms heart, ace attorney investigation, scribblenauts, etc).

Also, I saw on the website that there's a acekard 2.1 and acekard 2i. What's the difference besides the pricing?

Thanks and looking forward to your replies. :)

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Update to the Wood R4 firmware. That will be your cheapest option.
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=39701.0

3. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

What that guy said. I believe it's supposed to be based on the acekard too.

But if you're still buying a new one, keep you R4 and buy an EZ flash 3-in-1.

4. Thanks you guys for the quick reply.

About the Wood R4, will it guarantee to work so I will be able to play both old and new games? I still have some games on my R4 and I'm scared that if I download and add this, will it mess up my game saved files?

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I think it changes the save file name to game.nds.sav instead of game.sav (maybe later releases change this to an option?)
    But the formats are the same, and the save files will work even if they have to be renamed.

It has nearly 100% compatibility as far as I know (or at least, as good as any of the other top cards). I'm not sure how well it works on DS to Wii connectivity on games like the various Pokemon ones. Very few cards work with that feature.

6. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

You're save files are fine, but you can't use them until you change the file extensions.

There's a file converter for that task though.