1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by Suiseiseki, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

I can't believe I'm doing this, but I'm going to ask for some help.

I basically have every single anime series you can think of accessible to me (at least 4 TB), and I can pick whatever I'd like to watch. There's a catch, though - a couple, actually.

- I only have limited storage space. Student lifestyle means I don't have any money for some massive external TB drive or whatever, so I'm limited on how much I can take home and/or store.
    - Unlike many of you chucklefucks, I like to think I actually have decent taste in my animu selections. I don't watch shit if I have a choice, but until recently my options have been limited. That means no Naruto, Bleach or whatever other FotM shit some of you kids watch.

I like anime like Ef, Clannad and Kanon, which are primarily character-driven. I really liked Elfen Lied, and cool stuff like that is appreciated. Higurashi was cool, but not sure I want more mindfuckery like that. I like some of Clamp's stuff like xXxHolic, which had a really neat art style (I like interesting art, so possibly Durarara!?). Not too keen on slice-of-life stuff after Lucky Star, but K-On! is on the list already. I've seen Death Note, so no point recommending me that.

This is what I have at the moment:
    [​IMG]

So, if you're still reading and willing to help, pick a couple of your favourites that you think I might like. It'd be nice if you could justify the choice a bit, but I'll look at all suggestions fairly.

Cheers.

2. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

This is only my favorites, if I have bad taste in anime, then I apologize in advance.

Shaman King: I remember watching this one a long time ago and loved it.

Angel Beats: I found it unique, but then again, I don't watch too much anime, so this may be any other anime to you.

Toradora!: I personally think this is the best romance anime ever made. I have to watch others before I can really confirm that though.

Those are just animes which I, a casual anime viewer like. You could wait until someone of really good experience to post lots of anime suggestions.

3. miracle101

miracle101 Well-Known Member

How about Air, think it's the same company that produced Clannad. Angel Beats and Shuffle! were good as well.

4. CrashmanX

CrashmanX Well-Known Member

The Big O (Noir/Mecha)
    Cowboy Bebop (Sci-Fi/Awesome)
    Eureka Seven (Romance/Mecha)
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (Gar/Mecha/Romance)
    Gao-Gai-Gar (Gar/Mecha)
    Tenchi Muyo![Ryo-Ohki OVA series] (Romance/Harem/Comedy/Sci-Fi)

and a couple of others, those are just a few suggestions.

5. Suiseiseki

Air made everybody I know who has seen it cry. Even my lower lip moved a fraction, I was that close to manly tears. Angel Beats sounds weird but possibly cool. I heard mixed things about Shuffle!.

I've watched Shaman King, which was cool, and Toradora's already on the list.

Will look these up. I know I should watch Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

6. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

FLCL, which you've probably seen already.

I don't have to justify myself because I'm fucking Natalie.

7. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Definitely those and:

Afro Samurai & movie.
    Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex & movies.

8. Suiseiseki

Haven't seen it. Also I make it a habit to listen to people who are fucking Natalie so I guess that's you and Pat.

Dunno about Afro Samurai. Maybe. I have a friend who has watched Ghost in the Shell so I'll get his opinion on that.

9. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Afro Samurai is a blood bath essentially with a comedic relief (a hallucination), and GITS SAC is a scifi/action show. Basically a futuristic cop show. Very good though and is nothing like those CSI series on ABC or whatever.

10. Stanley Richards

May I recommend KissXSis if you're looking for some M18 Ecchi?

11. miracle101

miracle101 Well-Known Member

(Just naming off the top of my head)
    D.N. Angel
    Akaneiro ni Somaru Saka
    Ai Yori Aoshi
    Ah! My Goddess
    Elemental Gelade
    Suzuka
    Myself; Yourself

12. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

Yume de Aetara (Romance/Comedy)
    Romeo X Juliet (Action/Romance)

13. Joben_

Joben_ Well-Known Member

Holy shit if you haven't seen FLCL then get the fuck off of this website, and watch it you fool.

14. Suiseiseki

Nope and god no.

Will look these up.

Duly noted.

15. Stanley Richards

Makai Senki Disgaea. An anime (very loosely) based off the game.

16. Suiseiseki

Didn't like Disgaea.

17. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

... Where's Full Metal Panic??
    I suggest that one.

Oh, and High School of the Death is also fun.

18. Stanley Richards

You mean High School of the Dead?

19. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

How about Tales of the Abyss? It has a good storyline, and if you had played the game version, maybe you will like this as well.
    and If you like romance genre, I suggest you to watch Amagami SS, a VN based anime for PS2(if you haven't), the story consist of six different arcs, each for the six girls in the anime, and has different endings. Probably different than any other VN based anime, which only offer one ending.

and I would recommend some of the Fall anime, like Bakuman and the 3rd season of To-Love-Ru.

20. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

Yeah, whuteven ::)