1. This forum is in read-only mode.

recomended final fantasy ds

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by tantimongoose, Mar 13, 2010.

1. tantimongoose

tantimongoose Well-Known Member

I am yet to try any final fantasy game on ds or gba as i have been put off by the idea of "turn taking battle system" but decided i should give it a go and see. Which of the many final fantasy games would i be best starting with given this?

2. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Final Fantasy 3 and 4 are turn based games.

They're both fun games, 3 can be hard because you only get a certain number of Phoenix Downs (revival items)

4 can be hard because the enemies are pretty strong sometimes, and during the start you have to relevel sometimes.

Echoes of Time and Rings of Fate are Action RPG's, They're not turn based, if you're not into turn based you might want to give them a try too.

3. Arron_zero

Arron_zero Well-Known Member

But the best are in the GBA. Give FF5 and 6 a try, they're awesome xD but as a first-time though, I would say FFX(PS2) is decent due to the low difficulty and great story and also FF7(ps1 or pc) maybe?
    Then there's the FF tactics in both GBA and DS, which most people say are pretty good though they are strategy rpgs.

4. JohnnieBob

JohnnieBob Well-Known Member

FF III and IV are both on DS. They can get pretty hard... (I myself have failed to finish them :( I usually give up for 2-3 days....)

5. tantimongoose

tantimongoose Well-Known Member

thanks guys i think i will try one of the crystal chronicle games on ds and see if i can get into the series from there.