1. This forum is in read-only mode.

recomendation of brutal anime

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by Almo, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Im looking for more brutal anime, similar to hellsing, hellsing ultimate, trinity bloody, berserk, dead leaves, ect. Hellsing ultimate was good, trinity blood and the original hellsing were a little bit slow, so something with a lot more blood, more killing and less talk would be perfect.

2. ClydeOne

ClydeOne Well-Known Member

Just watch Elfen Lied. Wait, maybe you've already seen that. And it disappointed you, probably.
    There was this anime movie by the name of X. Go ahead and google it. ;D The only link I could find was for the manga. It's wickedly violent.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_(manga)

3. XD9999

XD9999 Well-Known Member

isn't this similar to this thread?

4. skata

skata Member

I recommend Tenjou Tenge, it is a fighting anime, also there is on named Viper´s (new anime), maybe Afro Samurai (not really bloody), Claymore, nothing more comes to my mind.
    Also, I think you have already watched Gantz that anime has some brutal scenes

Kmara

5. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

There is this anime called Weib Kreuz about a group of assassins, I think it was brutal cant remember then Samurai X was pretty brutal in "some scenes" there was some scenes which includes dismemberment ;D

6. sesa

sesa Well-Known Member

Jin Roh

7. mikesta733

mikesta733 New Member

To me Elfen Lied is on my top 3 Animes. Furthermore it had a great story and it had more to it then just violence and blood. PS Watch Out! Lots Of Nudity!

8. skata

skata Member

Mezzo Forte

9. grimsim1

grimsim1 Well-Known Member

Basilisk and Claymore

10. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

Claymore's great, Basilisk is good, Elfen Lied is also very good.

11. casper1910

casper1910 Well-Known Member

Yeah Samurai X is mad I loved that show.

12. Michael772Xz

Michael772Xz New Member

Why is everyone forgetting Ninja Scroll?

13. faune

faune Well-Known Member

Look into Berserk. Death everywhere. To my surprise, it was English dubbed, so you won't have to read subtitles if you don't want to. Also, supposedly Blood+ is really gorey, but from what I saw, it's like, ..a little bit of blood here, and then lots of stupid drama. But I didn't watch a good portion of the series, so you might want to check it out for yourself, or look into a review.

14. ClydeOne

ClydeOne Well-Known Member

Afro Samurai-Resurrection. Violence galore!

15. KaiserSensei

KaiserSensei Well-Known Member

A few deaths in the Devil May Cry Series were quite violent i thought ???
    but i haven't seen any of the others mentioned above so i cant comment at all.

other then the gore thing the devil may cry is very good :)

16. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Yes but the guy who wanted those anime's thinks pocoyo is cool so... He doesn't have the same tastes I guess..

17. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

cheers for the suggestions guys, have watched all of basilisk (awesome anime btw!) also the first berserk season but didnt really get into it, just started on Elvin lied, looks kinda fucked up so far (though I started on the second season because I cant find the first one anywhere), so ill get through those and then start on X since it looks pretty good.

keep em comming though! also I dont mind reading subs at all, most anime I actually prefer in JPN over the ENG dub.