1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Recenter PSP analog stick?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by cookieninja100, Jan 6, 2011.

1. cookieninja100

cookieninja100 Active Member

ok so as of late when i play a game that requires use of the analog stick everything would run smooth...then out of the blue it starts slowly goes in some random direction like the analog stick is being pressed(i.e. on KH:BBS my char will start walking/running in some random direction). i have had this problem for a while now but it only just recently got worst and is now starting to really affect my game play. so i was just wondering is there any possible way for me to recenter my psp's analog stick via something on the system or a program or is it something ill have to send into the company? Current frimware is M33-6 with promthesus 3 on it. Thanks in advance for the replys

2. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

Im not expert but i doubt its software related

3. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Maybe its a faulty analog stick.

4. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Maybe it's worn out. If that's the case, the only way to fix this is to open the entire thing up and fix it from the inside.

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

If you have a can of compressed air laying around, you could try blowing out the area around your analog stick. Press it all the way in one direction to expose the small crack beneath it that goes under the case. Blow some air into there, repeat in multiple directions. If a little bit of dirt or dust got under there it may be causing it to stick occasionally. It's worth a try before opening your PSP up to clean it out better.

Check out youtube for some videos showing you how to take your PSP apart and get to the analog stick to clean it directly if you you can't get it to work by just blowing out around it.