1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Recent Illegal download action

Discussion in 'General News' started by monter, Jul 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monter

monter Guest

United kingdom has passed a new law where all people who live in the uk will have no privacy what so ever now all downloads are now being watched. Just a warning to all UK members !

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

You need a source before that will be credible.

3. waylonn

waylonn Well-Known Member

Who lives in the UK anyway ???
    And why the hell do they pay with weights!?

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Erm, better not let loony read that because he's from the UK, so is equitypetey & cjdogger! Plus they no longer use pounds I think, it's all about the Euro now isn't it?

5. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

First off you are wrong, they are cash/coins called: pence and pounds, another thing is that the way they are measured are more accurate than cence, nickel and dollars, and finally; the World's currency is derived from ours (e.g Dollars,Euro's and all modern currency)...
    One more thing, please don't be rude to other countries as it is like mass prejudice, I don't talk about the common stereotype thought of what an American looks like, don't carry on.
    Thanks Cahos but we aren't using Euro because it's not as efficient as the pound and that was just a rumour...

6. Reider

Reider Modereider

As far as I know, they still use pounds in Britain, although there's probably a few places that take the Euro.

I'm also not finding anything involving the recently passed law you speak of, so if you would be so kind as to provide a source?

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Ireland uses the euro, the UK still uses pounds and pence.

8. leeroy201986

leeroy201986 Member

i think this is what he is talking about.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7522334.stm

9. Loonylion

about half of them are minor ISPs so they're boosting their egos, and its most likely hogwash. it only seems to apply to music and possibly films, and the UK has a hell of a lot more privacy laws than the US.

10. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

That's what I don't like about brits in general, mostly you are so damn arrogant about your country. The worlds currencies are based on gold, not the pound. Before the Pound even existed we used gold and every country still keeps a deposit of gold, and we most likely will for a looooong time to come.

Also if we didn't trade in dollars we'd probably trade in Yen, not the Pound.

Also no one here has dissed Britain so no need to get defensive.

11. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

actually, american currency is not backed by anything. it used to be though. so not every country backs their currency with gold.

12. monter

monter Guest

What I thought that meant I couldn't download of here anymore :(

13. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

:D i got the joke, i don't know why cjdogger has a stick up is bum.
    i love my good old British pound it gets me two dollars which is why i buy allot of my stuff from the us because even with import tax and postage somethings are still cheaper.
    i don't know what the hell all that argument about currency was about but ether way i like my pound and I'm glad we didn't change to euros as i can only think in pounds but then again the euro is strong even tho i can get more euros for my pound it didn't go far when i went on holiday.

ether way back on topic i don't have to worry as I'm not on one of those isp's and if i was I'd change

14. Loonylion

I should think so, they are the most poorly rated in the country (according to Which? magazine)

15. equitypetey

BT, Virgin, Orange, Tiscali, BSkyB and Carphone Warehouse
    BT has got to be one of the most expensive and to be honest it sucks as its BT of course
    half of them are mobile phone companies that just supply internet for fast cash and often are not even in controlle of that service as they piggy back off other companies

16. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Yeah, really. Also, I believe that American currency is also backed by gold. That's what my Social Studies teacher told me.

17. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Whoa. Anyways, feel sorry for you poms.

18. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

read my post. and my economics professor said that american currency is backed by nothing.
    (i wonder if any of the elected US officials know this fact or not...)

the average american still thinks that american money is backed by gold and that is false.
    then again, the average american thinks that puerto rico is a state, and there are 52 states, and the south is still seceded from the union (lol on that last one).

19. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Stereotypes eh?! Want to know about the American stereotype?! Please don't say things about people in general, that's stereotyping people, and the currency you have has originated from ours, the average white American's family was British and has come over in the great move to America...
    Waylonn did :p

20. equitypetey

no he didn't he made a joke based on the fat that pounds are a weight, although not a weight we use as we use the metric system

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.