1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Really weird problem with DSTT card and ROMS

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Cockeye, Feb 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cockeye

Cockeye Member

Would be very grateful for your help.

I got a DSTT card on Monday and loaded up some ROMS.

Everything worked fine apart from Retro Game Challenge which needed the very latest DSTT firmware. I loaded this up on Monday night and everything worked fine up until today.

Suddenly today, when trying to load up a game, the square at the bottom left moves around for about half a second, loading appears in the top screen then the whole DS locks up and the only way to proceed is to power off.

If you backup the card, format it, then load everything back on, you can play one ROM (any of them) but when you go back to the main screen to load another one, you get the same problem.

The only way is to format the card everytime, and then play one game, then re-format again which is rather unfeasable.

If anyone has any idea I would be very grateful to hear them.

Thanks in advance.

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Hmm, what brand MicroSD do you have?

3. Cockeye

Cockeye Member

It's a Sandisk 2GB - I was told they were the best.

I have removed a couple of ROMS (Carnival games, Sight Training, and another that I can't remember right now) and it seems to be working ok again now.

Could a particular ROM cause a problem like this?

4. mrripper

mrripper New Member

i had a similar issue with my edge card once, once i removed a couple roms it returned to normal. I think the issue was space on the microsd i didn't realise it after i removed some roms that it was pretty much completly full.

5. anandjones

Most likely not, just probably the amount of data you have on it.

6. Cockeye

Cockeye Member

It is less than half full. It has just started doing it again, so will do a bit more experimenting.

7. manga99

manga99 New Member

i had that problem when i first used the DSTT.
    are u putting the roms in the main root of the SD card?
    just put a new folder in the root of the SD and name it it DS roms and put all the roms in there and it should work with no problems

8. Cockeye

Cockeye Member

Really? There should be a folder with them all on? I just put them straight on the card without them being in a folder. I have bought a new memory card since, and so far touch wood, there have been no problems. I will bear your solution in mind should it start happening again.

Many thanks.

9. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

A few people have reported problems with their large memory cards and filling them up with ROMs all in the same directory. That it will stop recognizing new files after so many are on it.

They have solved this by just creating folders and seperating their files into the different folders (Like by genre).

10. anandjones

It is a fault in the fseeking data in the firmware.

11. Cockeye

Cockeye Member

hmmm - have now run into the same problems with the new memory card. Creating multipe directories, hasn't worked. Going to format, and try one directory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.