1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Really dumb AK2i/AKAIO 1.7 question

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by artschoolgrrl, Sep 22, 2010.

1. artschoolgrrl

artschoolgrrl Active Member

So, I've had my AK2i for well over a year now, have had no problems using it with my DSi. Then I recently tried to put the new Pokemon Black patched.nds on it and it froze. Another tech thread here says I should update my AKAIO loader, which I do, to 1.7.

Suddenly, not only is my AK2i not loading Pokemon Black patched.nds, it's not loading ANY of my games, and they ALL worked fine prior to this. I put an older AKAIO loader back onto my AK2i but it's not helping, it still won't load any games. I go to the Acekard site and do a complete reinstall, putting in the newest Acekard firmware and suddenly my games all work again (except Pokemon Black patched.nds - which I've just given up on for now).

I went to put the newer AKAIO loader on my card, but now the folder it used to go into is missing.

That folder was called _aio/loaders/

Does this mean Acekard doesn't support AKAIO loaders anymore? My other games are working again, should I even bother with AKAIO? I always understood it was the best firmware but at this point, I'm unsure where to put ak2loader.nds.

Thank you for your help in advance - I tried looking elsewhere on this site for help (and on the AKAIO forum too) but you guys are nicer and more helpful.

2. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

it seems to me, your running the AK2i official firmware, and trying to us AKAIO loaders :p just download AKAIO from here: http://www.akaio.net/forum/download/file.php?id=113

it is the AKAIO firmware with the latest loaders :p make sure you backup/format so you do a clean install ;)

and for some reason, i keep trying to type firemwares >=(

3. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

To use the latest loaders, you need to update your AKAIO to 1.7.1.

4. artschoolgrrl

artschoolgrrl Active Member

Thanks Ryan! *sighs* I knew it was a dumb question, but I got so turned upside down reading instructions from the Acekard site and the AKAIO site.

5. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

don't worry, it happens to the best of us :p like when my SCDS2 comes, i have no clue how to set it up T_T

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You just put the firmware files onto it. It should be quite routine by now. :p

7. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

true, true, but i know for example, the GBA emulation has other files which is why i think someone made a tutorial ;P

8. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You just read the description of where to put them. Though I do find this stuff pretty easy compared to 360 hacking. :p

9. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

i find EVERYTHING easy compared to Wii hacking o_O makes me not wanna attempt 360 when slim is hacked -.-"

10. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I wanna get into the PS3 scene, but I don't have one... :(
    And my friend is 3 hours away...