1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Real Life Dragon Ball Movie

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by conjy, Nov 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. conjy

conjy Well-Known Member

Yes i know. According to Hollywood Reporter, 20Th Century Fox is moving forward a live action DB movie. The realease date its 15Th of August 2008.
    Justin Chatwin will play Goku and James Masters will play Piccolo (The first DB bad guy.)

Original Link
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3if4dd78b5e8cb039096286b7cdb7e6562

In my opinion its an instant fail, because Goku isn't being played by an Asian. Its not a racist thing, but you just don't have a black person playing as a white person. It Just isn't right.

2. sir spamalot

sir spamalot Well-Known Member

*cough* white chicks ;)

might not bomb so much, i'll probably watch it. probably be a straight to dvd thing, anyway...

i'd love to see these actors with the funky seiyan hair

3. Hahahahaha! i like dragonball Z quite alot but what gets too me is how the hell are they gonna do there hair lol, lots and lots of shockwave wax :p

4. CainMasters

CainMasters Well-Known Member

it's all about 3D graphics

you do not truly believe that there won't be any

I think it'd be better to make a complete 3D movie instead of a film

5. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

lol awesome! ill watch this for kicks if nothing else :p

6. devinjulian

devinjulian Well-Known Member

:-X ??? Are you f****** kidding me?!

7. Rockstar99

Rockstar99 Well-Known Member

I thought there had already been a dragon ball movie, a real lame one too, like one of those dubbed ones where the voice just wasnt intact with the mouth, it was ok i guess, but old.

8. devinjulian

devinjulian Well-Known Member

:-\ Well actually, I don't know.... Justin Chatwin might make an OK Goku...

9. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

unless they make it a 3D like Dragon Ball Z: Budokai for PS2 and in japanese, i'm not interested...btwlive action dragon ball = fail, and Master Piccolo arent the 1st Dragon Ball bad guy, there are planty of Bad Guy before Master Piccolo (for example, Dr.Gero and R&R Army)

10. m3garry

m3garry Member

WoW! :eek:

I cant wait for this i dont care if its crap i just wanna see their hair :D
    Im on volume 9 right now as iv only just started reading them, and im really enjoying them, so read them if you havent already ;D

11. shenkeqin

shenkeqin Member

some asian actors are in the cast

12. eden2812

eden2812 Well-Known Member

Quoting original source...

And also, thanks to whoever did this.

[​IMG]

13. err

err Well-Known Member

Woah.... Worst idea ever... I didn't even like the cartoon

14. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

There was already a live action DB movie back in the 80's which was done by a chinese movie company, it sucked ass if you're used to Hollywood style movies, but if you're asian & grew up watching kung fu movies from golden harvest then that movie didn't suck :D

15. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I'd imagine it didn't have anywhere near the budget that hollywood wastes churning out crap

16. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Sadly I have to admit most asian movies have poor props. But I have to say that dragon ball would be better if an asian were to act in it.

17. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

well are the movie that you refer to name "Future Cops"? cause that is the only movie that i recall have Goku in it (along with other Street Fighter character like Ryu or Bison)

Hong Kong movie arent really suks...(i grewup watching them) movie is Police Story or Journey to the West is really great....but i mostly watch Jackie Chan's movie of Stevent Chow's movie

18. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Yeah Steven Chow's movie is funny. He could take the role of a comical Dragonball character.

19. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

No it was really titled: Dragonball & it was about the early exploits of Goku versus King Pilaf's army. The Characters' names were given lousy names though, Goku was "Monkey Boy", Bulma was "Sitou" & Yamcha was "Westwood".

20. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

This movie sounds like it will suck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.