1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Read before you post about Phantasy Star Zero

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by snebbers, Nov 15, 2009.

1. snebbers

snebbers Well-Known Member

Okay so a long time ago I got addicted to Phantasy Star Online and I spent pretty much most of my free time playing it. When I was playing it I came across this excellent website that has massive amounts of data related to the whole franchise.

So quite recently I find out Phantasy Star Zero has come to DS, loads of people are playing it, and loads of people are making threads in either the wrong sections or just asking for help on a single topic.

Back to where I was before though. This website has just been and now contains a large amount of information on multiple topics related to the game, Such as:

- Item Drops and where to get
    - Mag Evolution Guides
    - Full Bestiary with images
    - Weapon/Item/Mag Gallery

And loads of other information. It also comes to my attention that people use a gamefaqs FAQ for this, which doesn't contain as much information.

If you need any help with Phantasy Star Zero, don't make a new thread just, visit here -> http://www.pso-world.com/

2. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

How do you level up your weapon element?

3. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

You can't.

4. Blade5406

So it's random when I synthesize the elements?

5. ggrroohh

When you put an element on a weapon its always level 1.
    But some weapons come with higher level elements naturally....
    The one where you give your weapon a type to deal more damage(Native,Dark,Machine,Beast) is random.

6. snebbers

Wrong :) Nice attempt, and that's what I thought too..
    On the website that I mentioned in the first post it talks about getting a rare drop called an element booster. This will level up your element.

7. ggrroohh

My bad then,must have missed it in the (J) version.

8. Blade5406

Element booster,eh? Now I got all the things I need muahahahaha.... thanks for the help

9. snebbers

Nahh it's cool ^_^
    I didn't have a clue how to level up elements either until I checked the website.

All I think you have to do is go to the element Synthesiser guy and use the Element Booster on your wepon of choice.

Nope I was wrong too..

EDIT: The Element Booster item is a slot item that you put onto your armour. It's not permanent, but I will be looking to see if you can permanently raise the element level.

Copied from GameFaqs:

[quote author=Tehwavy]Weapon Elements are elements assigned to your weapon (duh). It's not like PSO
    where you have a seperate "Special Attack" that you have to use. Instead, the
    element occurs randomly while you attack. So yeah, out of nowhere you may
    find that the enemy you're attacking bursts into flame or snapfreezes! THIS IS
    THE POWER OF ELEMENTS! :O :O :O

Elements have different levels, 1 being the lowest, 5 being the highest. As far
    as I know, a higher level means a higher rate of success (not 100% sure about
    this though).

Also, you know the fat purple-cape dude? Yeah, if you have Elements (in item
    form) in your possession, he can assign them to your weapon at a cost. It works
    kind of strangely here, so I'll explain:
    - If your weapon has no element and you assign it one, the weapon gains that
    element at level 1.
    - If your weapon has an element at Lv X, and you assign it a different element,
    the element of the weapon becomes the new element at Lv X.
    - If your weapon has an element at Lv X, and you assign it the same element,
    the element of the weapon becomes Lv X + 1 (can't be higher than 5).

Note: if you have the Element Boost unit equipped, the element of your weapon
    gains 1 level but again, it cannot exceed 5. The level gain doesn't show
    up in the weapon stats, though.[/quote]

I'd like to state that guide was for the Japanese version of the game and that the element boosting in such a manner may only be available on that version. Because I have tried, but I haven't managed to be able to do it on the North American Version.

10. Blade5406

What's the highest technique level?
    - Found it out, for non-force characters, its max is Lv10.

I don't know for the force chars though.

11. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Is this game have the same gameplay with other Phantasy Star games?

12. ggrroohh

For force its 15

13. Loic0123

Loic0123 Well-Known Member

Hello dudes i would like to know how to get another mag i sold my mag not intentionally but now im tring to get one how to get it?

14. ggrroohh

Buy it from the shop in the sewers.
    The colour is random though so save before you buy. :)

15. Loic0123

Loic0123 Well-Known Member

ummm where are the sewers?=(

16. ggrroohh

Where the two kids are standing there's a manhole.
    Just press A when standing on it.
    You need to beat the first 3 story quest before you can go in I think.

17. denekie

denekie Well-Known Member

Uuhm i got a mag lvl 60, but he won't evolve anymore o_O (the name is aioli it's a 2 wings thing :p)

Someone knows how when it evolves??

(sorry for my bad english )

18. ggrroohh

A mag only evolve twice normally (I think)
    You can use a Soul to evolve him into a rare mag (Appearance wise)

19. denekie

denekie Well-Known Member

Oh i just saw at an other site that it can evolve 3 times
    (1st form evolve -> 2nd form evolve -> 3th form evolve -> 4th form, and than you have some rare mags)
    But i still don't know how to evolve him to some angel wings (i saw that somewhere)

20. ggrroohh

Ah,I thought I miss one step :p
    Angel Wings are obtained by feeding the mag its soul....forgot the name though :p