1. This forum is in read-only mode.

RE2, a mute game on epsx?!!!!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by shadow 26, Jul 17, 2011.

1. shadow 26

shadow 26 Well-Known Member

I got the epsx emulator specifically to play RE2 and it actually runs pretty well, it runs fast and everything ( great achivement since my comp has like a gigabyte of ram and like no graphic card (or however it is called ) at all ) but on cutscenes, the game goes mute, I seriously woulnd't be able to hear a terrorist attemp with explosives and everything even if it happens right over my characters nose. Anyway, if anyone knows how to fix this, I would really appreciate it, I haven't play this game yet and I feel like I am always missing something important.

Thanks in advance

P.D: I already thank, so you better help XP

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Which ePSXe version? Plugins settings?

3. shadow 26

well, version is 1.6.0 and pluggin settings ( if I am not looking at other stuff ) are Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.76 for video and Andy's SPU Audio Driver 0.16 for audio

4. meganova

On your sound config, enable the top three options, and change your sound plugin to Eternal SPU Plugin.

Load the game from the memcard, and try going through that scene again.

5. shadow 26

ok I'll try but for the record, it is on EVERY cutscene, not just one

Well who knew, it actually DOES work, it is not flawlees of course, but it is still really good

Thank you very much pal, would have neer guess THAT ;)

6. meganova

well, that problem always happen for most people, just tinker with the plugin config, that should bring back the audio.

7. shadow 26

ok I have gpt another question, and I know is weird, odd, laughable and others but I have to ask, I have a ps3 and I recently find out it actually seems to do something when I plug it in my comp, is there a way I could use it to play this or other emulators.

I know is silly, but I had to ask :s