1. This forum is in read-only mode.

RC Boats

Discussion in 'Sports' started by damanali, Jan 27, 2010.

1. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

Oh God, pls bring me more money to buy the newest RC boat out there...

I really love RC boats, i bought a cheap one for just demonstration of a battleship used in World Wars... but i only found an RC version, but after i tested it at sea, i really loved it. and yeah, the school is extremely near the sea, but since the sea is sometimes vengeful using the waves so, i play it in the river side, where the sea and river meets.

But i need a more powerful ship than that, maybe a gasoline powered...but well, anything that is RC and moving in the water will do.

So, anybody here play RC boats or RC devices? Boats, planes, car, chopper?

2. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

What's an RC device?

3. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

Remote control?

I have an RC Car,but I lost the controler so its now just for show :p

4. damanali

remote controlled. like remote controlled cars, but for me, i have a boat and a choppen..chinook one...but current has a rotor problem due to constant drops. lol

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I have a car and a flying thing. It's more or less like a microlight, but it uses a parachute rather than a fixed overwing.

6. damanali

Did you build it yourself or was it ready to play when you bought it?
    I would like to make one for my self with the kits aand its upgradable... but well, its so expensive!

7. Loonylion

it was mostly prebuilt, I just had to attach a few parts.

8. damanali

cool, mostly where do you play yours? i like playing it in the beach. even thought it get rust due to corrosive sea water, but well, fun is way better than money. lol

I want the big ship that can go one on one with the waves... the waves are not that big here, unlike in the pacific area, i play at the manila bay area of cavite, so the waves are just small unlike on really open waters.... I even plan of island hoping using a boat while i control my rc boat while inside that boat. But sadly, my cheap rc can't handle that much wave unless i turn it into a submarine and play a sad note.

9. Loonylion

ive only ever flown the flying one once, its a real pain to set up and launch (because of the parachute), it doesnt like wind and the battery only lasts 3 minutes. it ended up in a tree and the controller batteries ran out before the craft battery did (controller uses 8x AA batteries for some odd reason).

10. damanali

hm...it has a parachute? what is it like? you just let it fly and when your bored, it stops in mid air and it drops using the parachute?

11. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I have one of those older "kid's" RC toys, you know those RCs that uses several C, or D batteries that once out of juice you need to replace which was not cost efficient. It was a blow up Robot whose main body was made of the kind of plastic used to make beach balls & other blow up toys & whose feet had motorized wheels which is what you controlled with the RC controller

Most newer RCs have rechargeable batteries like those RCs from Auldey or are Gasoline powered making them virtually miniature cars per se.

12. Loonylion

the parachute is the equivalent of a wing. its what keeps it in the air, and brings it back down safely under low power (when the battery is low the propeller stops automatically so there's still power left for steering on the way down).

13. damanali

well, for 3 mins, you should get to 100 feet to enjoy it. hehehe, and bout the 8 AA battery, yeah, i also would like to wonder about it... its stupid cause the boat only needs 2 while the chopper-chinook needed 6 AA... hmm...maybe flying gadgets needs for power?

but the curiosity of it all, if that, the 6 AA are in the controller instead of the craft... hahaha, maybe the manufacturer is also a stockholder of the battery company...

I even heard energizer is the best battery for RC controllers, is that true?

14. Loonylion

my car uses a single 9V battery in the controller, that would have been a better idea.

personally I always use duracell these days (back when I flew this I was using rechargable nicads that were years old).

15. damanali

i can't seem to enjoy rechargeable batteries.... they seem to run dry faster than ordinary batteries... they are not even good to be put as alarm clock batteries......

also, has anybody tried the submarine rc? it looks cool, but play it in a aquarium? no fun! and you can only play it for 3 mins....

gas powered should be cheaper....

16. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

An RC Submarine reminds me all too well of that movie F/X 2 . In one particular scene, the main character used an RC Sub to draw an enemy's attention then out came a dart with a tranquilizer in it :)