1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Rate my Pokemon Team?

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by sinnoh2, Mar 12, 2011.

1. sinnoh2

sinnoh2 Well-Known Member

So Like Yeah
    -For Wi-Fi Battles-
    I'll get them to 100 eventually
    Pokemom Darmanitan
    Ability Sheer Force
    Nature Docile
    EVs..?
    -Move 1 Flare Blitz
    -Move 2 OverHeat
    -Move 3 SuperPower
    -Move 4 Thrash

Pokemon Serperior -Power Anklet
    Ability OverGrow
    Nature Naive
    EVs..?
    -Move 1 Giga Drain
    -Move 2 SolarBeam
    -Move 3 Leaf Blade
    -Move 4 Reflect

Pokemon Haxorus - Scope Lens
    Ability Mold Breaker
    Nature Brave
    EVs
    -Move 1 Earthquake
    -Move 2 Gullotine
    -Move 3 Dragon Pulse
    -Move 4 Dragon Claw

Pokemon Samurott
    Ability Torrent
    Nature Lax
    EVs
    -Move 1 Giga Impact
    -Move 2 Ice Beam
    -Move 3 Surf
    -Move 4 Razor Shell

Pokemon Gurdurr Razor Claw
    Ability Guts
    Nature Modest
    EVs
    -Move 1 sUPERPOWER
    -Move 2 Focus Punch
    -Move 3 Hammer Arm
    -Move 4 DynamicPunch

Pokemon Suicune Zoom Lens
    Ability Pressure
    Nature Relaxed
    EVs
    -Move 1 Sheer Cold
    -Move 2 Ice Beam
    -Move 3 ExtremeSPeed
    -Move 4 Ice fang

2. BigGangstaKillaC93

BigGangstaKillaC93 Well-Known Member

Not bad, but you should post your stats too. I found a shiny Gurrdurr and caught it, but my game randomly froze when I used hyperbeam...anyways there's somebody on route 10 who will give you a dusk stone.

3. sinnoh2

Ok uh
    Serperior
    Atk 112
    Def 122
    Sp.Atk 114
    Sp.Def 107
    Speed 163
    Suicune--63 Now
    Atk 109
    Defense 181
    Sp.Atk 127
    Sp.Def 166
    Speed 114
    Haxorus
    128 -Same order as the others so Atk = 225 etc. -Got lazy-
    Lampent
    Gurdurr

4. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Conform to standard format for RMTs.

Google a RMT and how it should look.
    I've got two on the forum. The older one is more proper and complete.

The stats you used are useless. You need EV investment spreads. Anyone can look at the base stats and figure out the actual stats when EVs and nature are applied.

You need movesets. Putting a pokemon with just levels is equally useless.

A small paragraph is needed for each pokemon addressing specific threats, or a basic explanation of its role. There are multiple setups for one pokemon so being specific is more useful than just listing the pokemon. Also, if it has a specific role or title (Lead, Tank, Wall, Bulky DD Gyarados, Tyraniboah, Crocune, Mixpert, Mixmence, Mono-attacker, SubSeed, etc.), include that since that's easier and quicker for seasoned battlers to understand.

5. sinnoh2

but thats so long.

6. insanecrazy07

That's the whole point of a RMT.
    You tried making a RMT without the content of a RMT.

We can't help you if you don't supply even the most basic of information.

Example:
    (Possible Role or Title)
    Pokemon @ Held Item
    Ability
    Nature
    EVs
    -Move 1
    -Move 2
    -Move 3
    -Move 4

Basic explanation of role, or how it addresses top-tier threats.

Do this 6 times. Without this, we can't even begin to help you.

7. sinnoh2

ok updated

8. 10tarik10

10tarik10 Well-Known Member

Your samurott has too many water attack

if he fights agains a water or grass type then he is worthless

9. Shuga

Shuga Well-Known Member

since pokemon silver i dont understand a !$$#!" about EVs and IVs
    its soo hard, so i just train a pokemon to lvl 100 and put some good moves into it xD

can someone give me a hint, or is there some kind of tutorial for doing that kind of training?

10. sinnoh2

What do you suggest. Giga Impact and Ice beam to replace Retaliate and Aqua tail?

11. insanecrazy07

You really don't need two Fire moves and they don't need to be split. Running both Physical and Special Fire moves generally isn't a good idea...
    EVs, I would suggest 252 Attack, 252 Speed, and 6 HP.
    Get rid of Thrash and Overheat and pick two new Physical moves.
    If it were REALLY up to me, I'd get rid of this altogether and get a different Fire type.
    First slot should always be the Lead, and this makes for a crappy lead.

Serperior doesn't need 3 Grass moves. It just needs one. Keep Giga Drain, and screw the rest of it. Reflect and preferable Light Screen to make a decent Dual-Screener and not having Glare is a waste of Serperior's utility. Nature should be Modest, and you should either hold Light Clay or Choice Specs to maximize it's SpA. If you hold Choice Specs, then do not use the moveset I just mentioned as that is only if you're holding Light Clay. For the record, any move that takes two turns to set up (Solarbeam), or takes a turn to rest (Giga Impact) are useless unless you have a Berry that cancels the effect or you have a Weather Effect for Solarbeam to charge instantly. Otherwise, it's useless.

If you're wondering why you constantly keep losing, it's because you're using OHKO moves. 50% accuracy blows and you'll never get anything done even if you blow through all 5 charges. Again, splitting your offenses using the same Type is stupid. Stick with Dragon Claw (because it has monster Attack and crap for Special Attack), and pick a Fighting move (I think it's Superpower) and find something else for coverage. Adamant Nature. All in all, this one is inferior to Hydreigon.

You have two moves that are split between Attack and Special Attack that are the same type, as well as having Giga Impact. Get rid of that. Take all Special based attacks off of this one, run Swords Dance, Waterfall, Aqua Jet and Night Slash or X-Scissor. Adamant Nature is best. 252 HP, 252 Attack, 6 Speed.

All fighting moves, one is inaccurate as shit, one takes a turn to set up and hopes that it doesn't get hit, and another decreases your stats. You do realize that these are physically based and you have a Modest Nature? You also realize that this is completely screwed by anything that resists Fighting? Not to mention Ghosts that can freely switch in and set up or do whatever it wants. Get rid of this altogether.

This also is pretty much junk, and is limited to a collector's item. Since it's the wrong nature to do anything decent, like the Crocune setup, or a purely offensive setup running HP Electric, you might as well just pitch this one as well.

Take off all of your items. We never use this crap. Use Life Orbs, Leftovers, Light Clay for screeners, Damp Rock for Rain Dancers, Choice items for Choice setups.

If you don't understand EVs and how they work, or IVs and how those work, READ A GUIDE.
    Also, you need to redo every single pokemon for Natures, and better IVs. I can already tell that if you don't know what EVs are then you don't know what IVs are and that you haven't bred any of your pokemon to have better IVs. Also, by that stretch, you probably don't know anything about Natures either. Read a guide covering all of this.

I'm also assuming you don't know about the physical/special split and how those correlate to the moves and stats of the pokemon. Read a guide on this too.

12. sinnoh2

I Just put them in random order ;-; but ok

13. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

To clarify, insanecrazy's recommendations are for high-powered, serious wifi matches. His move recommendations are more than adequate if you want to have fun and not have to breed for natures and train for IVs. A moveset overhaul and the items being changed is the easiest way to make things a bit better, but you'll still get steamrolled nine times out of ten by people who IV and nature breed, then EV train. That's the wall you're gonna hit in terms of your opponents.

So! If you want to just have fun and not devolve it into a competitive, technical game? Just change your moves and items to better reflect your Pokemon's roles. If you want to have a chance of winning every single game? Take all his advice. But yeah, there's a point where you need to get really serious if you want to win.

14. sinnoh2

this is so old
    I changed my team roflmao.