1. This forum is in read-only mode.

RapidShare's NEW Uploading Protocol. (Effective 10-23-2008)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Valarion, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Valarion

Valarion Well-Known Member

The following is series of major changes that RapidShare has implemented.

For Premium Users

Anonymous Uploads
    Error Example of an upload that has been downloaded 10 times:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/158025081/2821_-_Spider-Man_Web_of_Shadows__U__2_.zip.html

RapidShare Will NOT control Uploads

2. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Premium changes: If I'm understanding this correctly, it's not such an absurd change; I have no qualms.
    Anonymous changes: Fine; if you plan on distributing, you should get a free user account anyways, at least.
    Upload changes: Very, very, nice.

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

yeah I'm not too buggered about this either. I can do plenty of downloading still.

4. n0thealthy

n0thealthy Well-Known Member

80GB a month? So what if you sign-up for a 2 (or is it 3 day?) premium account?

Exactly why I hate RapidShare. There are so many better alternatives and some of them are completely free with no restrictions like miHD for example.

5. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

But it has no content. :)

Also I'd assume you'd then get 80 / days_in_month GB to download. I don't see what's unfair?

6. n0thealthy

RapidShare has really gone downhill recently. It's just too hard for free users to download and the premium accounts are full of restrictions, making them bad value for money.

7. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Do you live under a rock? Rapidshare has definitely been changing for the better recently. The restrictions are completely realistic, and there's no more cats/dogs for free users. :p

8. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

well my account tells me that i will still be cedited 10gb per day till till the date it is due to run out!

and as lately as i've download the full 10gb a day it now allows me to use the 60gb transfer thingy as a top up if i go over. but then i do need to stop as i have DL'ed about 100gb in the last 10 days and i only have a 40gb DL limit

9. n0thealthy

No I don't live under a rock and no it hasn't been changing for the better. The speed which I now get from RS is much worse:that's why I said it's harder for free users. And, the only thing that's changed for the better for free users is the removal of captchas, which weren't such a big issue anyway.

10. LilJezJinx

LilJezJinx Member

i noticed with free uploading that if more than 10 downloads are done on your free upload it cancels the thing, caus ei tried downloading something from it by a free account upload and it said more than 10 downloads has been done so now the link was deactivated, anyone else seen this, thats a little messed up.

11. Void

Void Well-Known Member

If you download enough from RS that you're so bothered by it's restrictions, stop bitching and get a premium account. They're fairly cheap.

12. n0thealthy

Did you not read my previous posts? I said the premium accounts are full of restrictions, that's why I'm not getting one.

13. kryz

kryz Well-Known Member

you cant expect everything to be free in the internet... T_T

they still do have to pay for stuff and stuff they need to pay with...

besides... look at romulation... they give off points to *limit* downloads...

even if we are members, there are still restrictions...

but you still consider ROMUlation as the best rom site ever...