1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[RANT] Chrono Trigger

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by bikeboy99, Feb 19, 2011.

1. bikeboy99

bikeboy99 Well-Known Member

Argh I can't believe how they badly they messed up the battle system in Chrono Trigger!! I made my character started playing and was excited as i thought it would be like Secret of Mana, Same art, Same feel but they didnt include the battle system they made it a stupid turn by turn, Im sick of it!! I thought it would atleast be something a bit different.

[END RANT]

2. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

You wanted it to be different but like Secret of Mana?

3. bikeboy99

No i meant something different from the rest of the turn by turns , Like Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy,etc. Those games are still great games i just thought this would be a well deserved break from the relative "safety box" developers are in today. In short i meant i was hoping it would be different as in different like Secret of Mana

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

This just shows you weren't around yet when the game originally came out for the SNES, poor you....

And no, Secret of Mana & Chrono Trigger's artwork are not the same :p

Chrono Trigger's artwork was done by Akira "Mr. Dragon Ball Z" Toriyama, while Secret of Mana's artwork was done by Shinichiro Okaniwa.

5. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Chrono Trigger was made back in 95, when turn based rpgs were still rather new. Besides, it has it's own quirks with the genre.

6. bikeboy99

Guess i got my hopes to high :p , Any games you know of on DS that are like Secret of Mana?

7. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Ever tried Children of Mana & Heroes of Mana yet?

There's also Brain Lord, Illusion of Gaia (Gaea), Soul Blazer, Terranigma, Secrets of Evermore & Neugier on SNES.

8. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Heroes of Mana doesn't play like the other Mana games. He wants an action RPG, like Zelda.

So... just play the Zelda games for the DS, they have similar game style to the Mana games.

9. kikikool

kikikool Member

Try Tales of Innocence or Soma Bringer. You can find them in the translated roms sticky.

You could also just try looking in the recommended NDS games sticky and check under action rpgs.

10. bikeboy99

Thanks guys i've played em all ):

BTW I actually started playing Soma Bringer like 2 days ago :p

11. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

In regards to the "Tales of Innocence" comment... Any Tales game could be suggested, actually. It's not EXACTLY like Secret of Mana, but it works.

DS games that I can suggest:
    -Lunar Knights - More like Zelda than Secret of Mana. It has some neat Character switching system. The GBA counterparts even had a solar sensor on their cartridges and allowed for some interesting gameplay that made it manditory for you to be outside, otherwise you couldn't play.
    -Children of Mana - It's not exactly the same, but it's in the same series as Secret of Mana.

I can't think of any more, wtf.