1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Randumb Thought - about PTC [Pay to Click]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by XD9999, Mar 7, 2009.

1. XD9999

XD9999 Well-Known Member

What are your experiences with * link removed due to referral links on the page*, is it really worth it? Is it worth clicking your way through for $0.01 per click?

maybe i should post this in the Forum Games, Jokes & Random section...

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

if it sounds too good to be true, it is. I know people that amassed hundreds, if not thousands of dollars through these schemes. They never got paid.

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

bux.to supposedly is legit.

4. Loonylion

people would tell you that about any of them. Unless you know someone personally in real life who benefited from such as scheme (and they're honest and proved thats where the money came from), it's best not to believe it. Testimonials on websites are meaningless.

5. XD9999

XD9999 Well-Known Member

Im confused how Pay-to-click works...Can someone be kind enough to explain how people that host it makes money?

6. Loonylion

the advertisers pay them for the number of views the ads get.

7. XD9999

XD9999 Well-Known Member

what are the effect of the number of views?

8. BerserkChip

BerserkChip Active Member

I couldn't help but notice that this sounds like the deal that Youtube "Partners" apparently get, where for every 2 million views they get, they receive $2,500 (Not totally sure about the accuracy of the sum)

9. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

Common sense tells us not to believe it, but it's ridiculous just how many people get strung up in these pay-click scams. As with all of them, though, they're basically pyramid schemes. Only the ones at the top will get results (IF they do get anything at all).

10. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

I'm sure it isn't, but the pay rate is very low (a penny per click or something), so I'd not think anyone would do it, even if it was legit.

11. Loonylion

usually its a fraction of a penny per click.

12. Nightwind

Nightwind New Member

There actually some that are legitimate, but it's a real gamble. They have to have a legal disclaimer somewhere on their site, though, so if you take a look at it, you can get your information.

Generally, though, they make much more money for the sheer number of people who check things out for a little while, and then don't follow up that it's likely that they are able to pay.

It's the same idea as 'secret shoppers' and whatnot. There are legitimate companies who are trying to get this stuff done.. But once it became popular, many people decided to shove their noses in to see what kind of money they could sniff up. And as a result, the whole affair smells like a couple of flowers amongst a heap of crap.

13. kryz

kryz Well-Known Member

i know someone personally... a good friend of mine... he has a pay to click account and hey... he gets paid...

some sites are legit and some are not...

14. atmizi69

atmizi69 Well-Known Member

PTCs are mostly untrustworthy...I've read stories that when members tried to cash out, the PTC always seem to give more excuses than forking out the dough. But if you have so much free time, I don't see why you should click away for $0.01 per-click. Let me know when you reach $1 alright :D

15. kryz

kryz Well-Known Member

my friend already got 50+ dollars from it... dunno how long that took him though... XD