1. This forum is in read-only mode.

random thought - about dogs/cats

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by XD9999, Jan 19, 2009.

1. XD9999

XD9999 Well-Known Member

Whats the best way to train your dog/cat NOT to shit inside the house?

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Let them have regular access to go outside and lock them out for a little while until they get used to shitting outside. Works with cats. Dogs, I don't know.

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

You can actually house train a cat to do its business indoors because they have this instinct to need to cover up their messes, just have a sandbox or something of the sort easily accessible to them so they can do their thing there. But what I really want to learn is to teach them to do it on the toilet & flush, that's probably the coolest & hardest thing you can teach them.

4. XD9999

XD9999 Well-Known Member

Have you watched BRUCE almighty?..The dog was reading newspaper while doing his business..man when you see shit on your floor your gonna wish you have godly powers.

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

That's just part of the responsibilities you have as a pet owner :D

6. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

For a doh you can get a toilet mat, get them to wee on it and they will usually go in that same spot. When they got a little bit older put the mat on the garden and a week (perhaps?) later when they go for their business remove the mat, they will either do their business without the mat straight away or you will have to do it gradually.
    Works with most dogs :)

7. XD9999

XD9999 Well-Known Member

---------------------------------------------------------------

R O A D

---------------------------------------------------------------
    | small |
    | space |
    |_________|
    | My |
    | small |
    | house |
    | |
    |_________|

The closest thing i have for a "lawn" is the small space above...
    Its like 3-4 square meters.

8. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Then have walkies twice a day :p

9. kanakacheek

kanakacheek Well-Known Member

It's easy to train cats to go to the litter box. I think it's instinctive for them, so just manually place the cat in the sand box and move her paws around in the sand. My cat got it pretty quick.

I heard it's hard to train dogs to hold until you let them outside or walk them?

10. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Well when -FIREFOX-NOT-RESPONDING- you have a Cat you think your side is easier and when you have the dog you think that your side is easier; so unless you have had both and it had no bias to it or outliers you won't be able to say which is easier

11. tortiekittin

tortiekittin New Member

There is a mat thing that you can attach within your toilet, so it sits on the rim of the toilet and the cat uses it's nose (( sort of like the instict for the litter box )) and goes above the toilet. So you gradually remove this extra feature and the cat will go automatically to the toilet to do it's business.. Training it to flush, well that's another matter x)

you can also follow the instructions within this link~

http://www.petsdo.com/blog/how-toilet-train-your-cat

Goodluck with the training!! :D

12. XD9999

XD9999 Well-Known Member

Nice link but i have a dog, and my folks took him[only a native dog] coz he filled the house with his smell.

13. kanakacheek

kanakacheek Well-Known Member

That's so cool! I didn't know they had such things. But what if the cat slips one day?

I think getting a cat genie (or something like that) suffices as a toilet, no more scooping litter boxes.