1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Ran into a problem on FF7 PlayStation ROM Disc 2

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by 8zouci8, Feb 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 8zouci8

8zouci8 New Member

Ran into a problem not sure what is wrong. when Barret and Tifa are about to be executed "wepon" attacks and everyone runs. when barret goes to free tifa the door wont open. Cuts to where Heidegger talks to Rufus, tells him no need to ask for oders then heidegger says to shoot the cannon the sailors run off. Heidegger moves to the side of the desk and stops...... nothing else happens it just sits there... is there anyway to fix this problem?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

what emulator are you playing this on?

3. 8zouci8

8zouci8 New Member

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I would recommend you use ePSXe 1.5.2 instead.

You should be able to use your memory card files from pSX, this way you don't need to start over, they may need to be converted using a program like MemManager.

5. 8zouci8

8zouci8 New Member

Well i havent had any problems at all with FF8 and FF9 i already beat them. But, Im getting to that single part its not showing any error in the sector when im monitering it. im using is PSXFIN. But what is the difference between PSXFIN and ePSXe 1.5.2?

6. TirithRR

They are two different emulators. ePSXe is generally more compatible than the others.

7. hoanimcclure

hoanimcclure Member

hello

I have run into that exact same problem. the game goes fine up until then. Im usin epsxe emulator.

8. hoanimcclure

hoanimcclure Member

usin epsxe emulator an it stil sits at that same scene. What can I do? this is the best emulator

9. Loonylion

what plugins are you using?

10. hoanimcclure

hoanimcclure Member

I'm using petes open GL driver 1.77, with epsxe 1.7.0

11. TirithRR

Try using ePSXe 1.5.2 (Like was suggested in this thread earlier).

With Pete's OpenGL2 2.9 driver.

Turn on Game fixes 0x001 and 0x002

12. hoanimcclure

hoanimcclure Member

when i play the emulator using those plugins it says missing texture something an then it says no pixel format available? How do i fix that??
    And how do u change the game fixes???

13. TirithRR

Your graphics card must not support the OpenGL2. Probably switch to DX6 D3D 1.77

To change the game fixes, check the "Enable Game Fixes" and then hit the "..." box to open the game fixes screen.

14. hoanimcclure

hoanimcclure Member

yeh sorry but how exactly do you get to enable game fixes?? Ive looked everywhere an i cant find it

15. Loonylion

in the plugin configuration for pete's video drivers, near the bottom are two buttons, 'fast' and 'nice' (you must use 'nice' for final fantasy). Below these buttons is a button labeled 'special game fixes'

16. hoanimcclure

hoanimcclure Member

ive tried everything youve suggested an it still a no go. Does that mean the file i downoaded is corrupt?? I downloaded it off this site an it downloaded the full size file so yeh im pretty sure its not the file.

17. Loonylion

if the file extracted fine then its unlikely it is corrupt. Since it actually works up until this point it's almost definitely not corrupt.

18. hoanimcclure

hoanimcclure Member

so is there any way to fix it??

19. hoanimcclure

hoanimcclure Member

Ive been loading save states from ff7 from my previous espxe 2.0.7 emulator an loading the game on espxe 1.5.2. Could that be the reason it still isnt working after the adjustments i made?

20. Loonylion

ePSXe 2.0.7 doesn't exist, so if you've been loading savestates (NOT ingame saves) from a different emulator, that could well cause a problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.