1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Ragnarok DS (U) Freezing - SOLVED

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by FlareHeart, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlareHeart

FlareHeart New Member

I am in the first town in Ragnarok DS and if I try to do anything, like sell an item or save my game, it freezes. Sometimes the screen goes black and sometimes the picture freezes on the screen. Everything was fine until I hit level 9 and now the game is freezing quite often. I am trying to get ready to go into the Culvert and find the Dog Tag, but I don't want to continue if I'm not going to be able to save due to freezing issues.

I am using a DS Lite with an Acekard 2.1 and the latest AKAIO firmware (1.5.1). I had issues with the January 6th loaders so I am running the January 1st loaders.

Is anyone else experiencing freezing at all? Could this be AP?

UPDATE: I was able to seem to get it to work without freezing after disabling both the soft reset and the cheats. I didn't have any cheats for this game anyway so it doesn't bother me one way or another. I only tested it for a few minutes so I can't guarantee that this is a permanent fix, but it seems to have fixed my immediate freezing issues.

2. Rathurue

Rathurue New Member

I also need help with that problem.
    R4DS 1.18 with the old-model NDS. After a bit of story missions (after the sewers, actually, after facing (Spoiler)Giant Elder Willow, my game freezes. I have made two tries in two saves, but nothing seems working. I don't use cheats for any games in the card...
    So what's the problem? Is it my copy or something else?

3. FlareHeart

FlareHeart New Member

What level are you? I noticed that it didn't happen with mine until I was level 9 or so. If you are close to this level you may want to try loading and playing it with Ysmenu (you can download this and put it on your R4 as a secondary loader) and then saving it at a later point and trying it normally again. It might be some weird form of AP, but I'm not sure yet.

4. Rathurue

Rathurue New Member

I'm currently at level 20, and nothing happens at level-ups.
    I have played the japan-version beforehand, so you could say I somewhat know what the quest requires and what quests will advance the plot. In that version, nothing seems to be wrong-yes, sometimes there also 'incidents' at level-ups, but after passing level 30 or more it seems to dissapear. In fact, I have cleared the game, and job-changed into a Dark Knight...
    Unfortunately, the 'Willow' incident stopped me on my tracks in this one (sob)...
    I also had tried your method, but with the emulator. I thought i could as well passed the glitch with the Emulator, quick-saved and then put back the save file into my card-but the problem here I'm using an emulator with different save file size...

Edit: Now I'm frustrated. I've tried to do as you said, that is using Ysmenu; but instead of working, it freezes my DS bad. Now nothing (including the new Ace Prosecutor thingie) runs on it...lucky I've made few back-up saves of the original R4DS programs.
    Could someone (with hopefully, R4DS card) help me on this one? I'm thinking of uploading my save file so someone out there could try and find if the 'freezing' is actually a form of AP thingie...
    Note: At least it doesn't read :'thank you for playing'

Edit2: Conflict Resolved. After taking off that darned poring hat, the freeze is gone.
    Might as well clear the dragon quest now...

5. belteshazzar

belteshazzar Member

I'm starting to think it might be similar to the Portrait of Ruin problem. I'm using Acekard 2i with AKAIO 1.5.1, and I disabled cheats and soft reset. It still froze on me when I was selling Prontera.

6. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

AKAIO 1.5.1 with latest loader, no freezing problems whatsoever. Been playing it for ages.

I'd suggest reformating with Panasonic SD formatter, and put all the stuff back on.

7. belteshazzar

belteshazzar Member

Did that... I read somewhere someone said that the quality of your system can be a factor. My DSL is pretty old now, but I take good care of it (although the L button messes up sometimes). Could that be a factor?

8. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

No, I don't believe there is any factor dealing with the age of your DS itself.

It could be a problem with the brand/speed of your MicroSD though. Some brands work better than others, some are faster than others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.