1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Ragnarok DS communication error

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by archlvt, Jul 19, 2010.

1. archlvt

archlvt Well-Known Member

Every time I try to play Ragnarok DS over wifi, we select the floor, and then it disconnects and says communication error right away. Tried it with a friend, and tried it with randoms. It does it even with groups of 2 people, tried it 14 times and none of them worked.

I'm using an acekard 2i with the official firmware. Anyone know how to fix this? Is it incompatible with acekard2i? All my other games work online just fine.

Just tried it with AKAIO 1.7 as well, still doesn't work.

2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Well, first, the main check:

- Are there any cheats active? Most games won't connect properly if you have cheats active that modify your game in specific ways.
    - Is your connection completely solitary? This doesn't matter much since the DS experiences very little lag even when the connection is under heavy stress.

I'm sure the answers are "No" and "Yes" respectively, so the last thing I can suggest is getting the AKAIO 1.6RC2 firmware from www.ds-scene.net (you'll have to become a member), and trying the game on that.

Before people ask, don't worry, ds-scene doesn't host commercial ROM's.

3. archlvt

archlvt Well-Known Member

I don't think that'll help, and I can't keep adding and removing files on my sd card cause it's delicate for some reason. People with retail carts have this problem too sometimes, just not this much.

4. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Maybe the servers are just having a bad day? If this is a common issue even with retail carts, I'm not sure if there is anyway for you to help it.