1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4SDHC running (U) Release of Pokemon Soul Silver

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Lordbleck, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Lordbleck

Lordbleck Member

Well I'm getting my first R4 ever within a couple days, it's a R4 SDHC, and will be a Clone .
    Anyways, I've been roving many forums and websites for awhile now, and due to so many "fixes" for different versions of the game, different firmwares, action replay codes, patches, either being outdated or updated, I wanted to start a thread where someone can simply provide me with everything I need to get Pokemon Soul Silver (U) running on a R4 SDHC.
    As I said before, I have no clue what I should get and what I shouldn't because there is such a large abundance of different fixes that could or could not interfere with each other.
    I just want to be able to play soul silver with near to no crashing, since it's been over a year, I was figuring someone finally tackled the problem with soul silver.

Also, if you have time, can you show me how to run Pokemon Platinum as well?

AND I HAVE ALREADY STATED TWICE OF HOW MANY POSSIBLE FIXES I LOOKED AT, I DON'T NEED PEOPLE TELLING ME TO USE GOOGLE OR TO USE THE SEARCH ENGINE ON ROMULATION, BECAUSE THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I'VE DONE FOR THE LAST 4 HOURS. I'VE ALREADY SEEN FIXES, I'VE ALREADY SEEN FIRMWARES WHICH RUN THE PATCHES THAT MAKE UP THE FIXES, I JUST NEED SOMEONE TO TELL ME WHAT WORKS.

2. Devilkid32176

Devilkid32176 Well-Known Member

well, can you provide a picture and the home page of the flashcart your getting, then we can help a little further,
    just telling us your getting a R4 SDHC flashcart doesn't well over, since there are alot of them out there

3. Lordbleck

Lordbleck Member

http://www.kickgaming.com/r4-sdhc-p-439.html

Yes I am aware that this is a clone. But the majority of the comments say it works, and I have an internet friend I've known for 3 years that got that same exact thing from the same exact website under the same exact circumstances of buying. He said it worked fine, but also said his got broke within a week because it launched out of his ds and fell in a puddle.

As far as I know, this is the homepage for it www.r4rts.com

4. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Ok. Lets see if this works.

1 > Download the latest R4i SDHC firmware (v1.34) from their site.
    2 > Download this: http://www.mediafire.com/?7m482z07trthssn
    3 > Copy both files to your SD Card
    4 > Run the DS into your original firmware
    5 > Load "Wood R4i SDHC.NDS or Wood R4i SDHC (2).NDS if one doesn't work.
    6 > Load your Pokemon Rom
    7 > If not working (it might happen) when at the rom double tap "y" on your DS. Turn of Action Replay and Reset In Game
    8 > Press "a" twice and load your rom again.

This should work.
    Can you also give me the download link of your Pokemon Rom. Thanks

5. Lordbleck

Lordbleck Member

Will the wood firmware still work If I'm not using an R4i?

6. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

ysmenu works on your card perfectly. and it is updated regularly. check here: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=43121.0

7. Lordbleck

Lordbleck Member

Does YSmenu guarantee being able to play pokemon soul silver without any crashes or freezing, or near to none?

8. Devilkid32176

Devilkid32176 Well-Known Member

they fixed it awhile ago for that game, as for ysmenu yeah it should run flawlessly on that card

also, sorry i didn't mean to sound like an ass, but lately people have been asking about the same way you asked about a certain game, it just rubs me the wrong way and i do say im sorry about that if i upset you any

9. Lordbleck

Lordbleck Member

I didn't actually take any offense to it anyways.

Unlike the majority of people asking repetitive questions, mainly who are illiterate or don't know how to spell, I'm pretty knowledgeable on these things and always try finding out as much information as I can before starting a thread anywhere. I've never had an R4 before, and just thought calling it a R4 SDHC would be enough.

Well it seems I have the answer to my original question now so I'll have to see if it works when the R4 gets here (Shipped out today :) )