1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4SDHC Problems.. Alot of save data corrupted.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Louisetje, Dec 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Louisetje

Louisetje Member

Hey all. Im kinda new. But i just got a R4 SDHC chip, 8 GB. And it already had problems with starting up. * took me a whole day. * But now it's like im playing alot of games that say after i turn them on Save data is corrupt. Some games even won't start! [ Bleach dark souls is corrupted. ] I even patched it, got some new firmware on it but nothing would make it work. And now im kinda dissapointed because like only 2 of the 10 games are doing it. It's mostly the newer games from '08/'09.

Does anybody know a solution to this? I'd really like some help! :)

2. jordo2k1

jordo2k1 New Member

i have had similiar problems myself and pinpointed it to my 8gb micro sd card.

try using a smaller card,i tried a non hc 2gb card and formatted it with the fat file system and 32kb cluster size.

when i loaded the trouble some roms onto the card and used the r4sdhc again it worked fine.

my take on it is that tbh some games just dont work too well using the fat 32 file system on micro sd hc cards using the r4sdhc. i know its a pain in the ar$e but try to keep to 2gb cards. ever since i ditched my 8gb card and started using smaller cards in fat with 32kb clusters its been fine.

allso keep your r4sdhc firmware upto date,latest is 1.31 from www.r4sdhc.com

hope this helps,if not let me know and ill dig deeper for you and see if we can solve this problem.

3. matty999555

matty999555 Well-Known Member

It could always be http://www.r4i-sdhc.com

4. jordo2k1

jordo2k1 New Member

i believe that to be a different card "upgrade card". he said he has an r4sdhc and the original site for that is r4sdhc.com (i have tried 6 different firmware sites and the one that works for me is r4sdhc.com,this is allso the site on my packaging which came with my r4sdhc)

there are plenty of clones to the r4 and all have different firmware,one of the main problems is people using wrong firmware shells and having no usability of there r4.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.