1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4III Upgrade Revolution - I suck at Wood

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Yasuhiko, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Yasuhiko

Yasuhiko Member

Edit 3: Turns out WAIO 1.15 doesn't allow me to save with R4-III. And YSMenu is as unfunctional as my R4-III firmware... le-sigh

2. OnStrings

OnStrings Member

So...should I be worried that I have an R4 III with wood? I mean, I tried saving in a few games, but Pokemon HG couldn't save while Zelda: Phantom Hourglass could.
    Also: Freezing when starting a new game in B/W, can't save with Radiant Historia, can't even load Golden Sun or Kingdom Hearts Re Coded.

Sigh.

3. Yasuhiko

Yasuhiko Member

Well, coolkill3r is pretty awesome, and he's prepping a few things that may help. R4-IIIs are kinda weird. I've been having trouble with YSMenu not workign with AP games and Wood just won't recognize save data. Kinda annoying but hopefully this fixes it.

With direct regards to Pokemon, I have that same issue. You need to get DesMuMe and start the game there, and then convert your save file and plant it on the R4. There's a thread about that over on GBATemp if you look. Anyway, I've noticed that even then, the game still won't save (just like I can't get SoulSilver, Chrono Trigger, Picross, Radiant Historia or Advance Wars - Dual Strike to save). The game will work perfectly but anything requiring use of the save memory just makes it go haywire.

4. OnStrings

OnStrings Member

Yeah, I found that thread. I've tried converting the save file from DesMuMe through PokeTemp but even when I have a .sav file, it still doesn't work. As in, when I open up Pokemon again, it still prompts me to start a new game, at which point the game freezes. I don't know why it can't find the .sav file.

But if it won't even save when the game works, then I guess I shouldn't bother trying to play it yet. Guess I'll wait.

EDIT: Okay this time in the emulator I decided to export the backup memory directly, and it worked, but yeah, the save won't work for me. Boy oh boy.

5. OnStrings

OnStrings Member

Seeing as I wouldn't know where to look if a fix came out, could you let me know in this thread?
    \(^o^)/

6. Yasuhiko

Yasuhiko Member

Starting to make me wish I'd given my sister this card and took the R4SDHC I took from her. That thing could play almost everything new, at least...

I'll be sure to post in here when I've gotten everything working, but you'll also know whn that happens if ou follow the Wood thread, since kill3r will post in there when he has an update!

7. OnStrings

OnStrings Member

Ah man. Upgraded pretty much everything but WAIO.
    Starting to think I might want to invest in another card...;-;