1. This forum is in read-only mode.

r4ids.cn anyway to get this card working, newby struggling

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by a72philster, Apr 8, 2013.

1. a72philster

a72philster New Member

hi guys, newby struggling

'm relatively new to 3ds flash cards, but have been using the old r4's for my kids ds' for years

anyway I bought 2 r4i 3ds gold cards with the 'dorasu' logo.

3ds running on 4.5.0-10E, one card works perfectly using wood 1.56.the other gets as far as loading the game ( says loading in white, which then turn to red and freezes!!)

i've updated one 3ds to firmware 5.1.0-11E and the working card works fine, other still same.
    tried wood v1.57 which wont even load the menu screen up.

any ideas????

Thanks for any help you can give

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Did you make sure you installed the Wood R4 firmware properly?

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

When you go to r4ids.cn, there are 2 kinds of download;
    1. WOOD R4
    2. R4i Kernel Update

Wood R4 is a secondary firmware, while R4i Kernel is a primary firmware. You need to first make sure your primary firmware is up to date so that it work properly on the latest 3DS console firmware v.5.1.0-10, before adding the latest WOOD R4. Wood R4 is use to make game roms run on the console by making the necessary binaries/data to overwrite AP protection available which isn't found on the primary firmware. Without the latest primary firmware, having the latest Wood R4 is useless.

Have you made sure both new R4i 3ds carts are identical? It could be the problematic one is different in it's revision release number.

4. roee

roee Member

there is another possibility that the older version R4 card has been blocked by the 3DS system update

5. a72philster

a72philster New Member

Thanks for your responses guys,

The cards are identical rev c
    Tf not the problem tried a working one still no good(working on latest firmware with wood v1.56)
    Ill try reinstalling wood v1.57 as described above

If this procedure doesn't work

Can I clone my working card somehow?

Also the patch flashing, does this work with the 'dorasu' cards

Thanks again

6. Dannymizer

Dannymizer Well-Known Member

Does the card work on a regular DS?

7. a72philster

a72philster New Member

Post Merge: [time]1365595850[/time]

I can only see r4i kernal update and the website, where's the r4 download?

thanks
    Post Merge: [time]1365597379[/time]
    ok

Installed wood 1.57 on tf , got it working on good card, bad card still not working!!,

any link to a patch that will be compatible with rev c 'dorasu' card?

any other ideas guys

cheers

8. Prectorian

Very strange issue if you got 2 identical cards that are both rev. C. It should have worked on even v.5.1.0-11 so long you have installed latest R4i kernel from r4ids.cn, as it's been confirmed that R4i Gold 3DS rev.9, A, and C from R4ids.cn works on v.5.1.0-11 by just upgrading the primary firmware to v.4.5.0-10 upgrade .

If both carts are identical, you could copy over the exact files from the good one or do the exact same upgrading steps. But if it fail, as abalondon said; you might want to consider contacting the vendor/cart maker. It might be faulty and if you're lucky they might replace it.

By the way, what do you mean by 'R4 download'? I clearly stated there are 2 firmware downloads in r4ids.cn, namely 'R4i Kernel Upgrade/Update' (primary firmware) and 'Wood R4' (secondary firmware). See : http://www.r4ids.cn/r4i-download-e.htm. I don't think I ever mentioned about 'R4 download'.

9. a72philster

a72philster New Member

Update

contacted vendor, seems the data on the chip is corrupt, all they suggested was to contact zhuzhuchina and see if i could get a replacement from them!!

thanks all for your help

10. Prectorian

As a72philster said, it identified as microchip failure. Thus you can't solve the issue by doing as your per suggestion. It had to be replaced/exchanged by the vendor/seller as it's a defected product (if they do...some seller would make all sorts of excuses/reasons to avoid fulfilling any after sales warranty). Otherwise must buy a new cart.