1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4i3D (New) Help Required

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Doosh2, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Doosh2

Doosh2 New Member

Hi There,

I require assistance with an issue I have with the R4i3D (New).

When I first got the flash card I had installed the firmware r4i3d.v1.38.2 and have had no issues playing NDS games.

It is only just recently with the latest 3DS firmware release (3.0.0-6E), I have had problems playing any NDS games. Every time I attempt to load a game from the games menu, I get the following error:

"An error has occurred
    Press and hold the Power button to turn the system off.
    Please refer to the manual for details.:

I have attempted installing the updated R4i3D firmware updated being:

r4i3d.v1.39 and
    r4i3d.v1.43

But I still get the same error.

Can someone please advise what the problem is and a solution to fix the problem so that I can play NDS games again.

Also, I noet that there are 3DS roms being released on the net. Do any flash cards support 3DS games to be played on the 3DS? Does the R4i3D (New) flash card support 3DS games?

I look forward to your responses.

Thank you.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no flashcart or emulator supports 3ds roms.

3. DominicSpolec

DominicSpolec Active Member

hi, what r4i3ds card do you have, what is the official site. did you update your card successfully with a DS console.

4. kira9340

kira9340 Well-Known Member

from what i know. this happened to me. try updating it on a normal nds first. it worked for me.the 3ds may not be able to read ur flash card so it requires u to upgrade the chip set on the inside using a normal nds which doesnt have any upgrading features on it.

5. Doosh2

Doosh2 New Member

DominicSpolec

I have the r4i3ds flash card which has 'new' on the label. The web site is: http://www.r4i3d.com/index.htm?l=en_US.

What do you mean by 'did you update your card successfully with a DS console'?

When I got the card, all did was extract the firmware on the SD micro using the PC, copies some NDS roms and then plugged the the SD micro into the r4i3d flash card and then into the 3rds firmware upgrade, whenever using the r4i3d flash card to play games, it does not work.

I tried to re-install the original r4i3d firmware, including other firmwares, and I still have the same result. Games do not work on the r4i3ds flashcard. I get the following error:

"An error has occurred
    Press and hold the Power button to turn the system off.
    Please refer to the manual for details."

Kira9340

What do you mean by:

"try updating it on a normal nds first. it worked for me.the 3ds may not be able to read ur flash card so it requires u to upgrade the chip set on the inside using a normal nds which doesnt have any upgrading features on it"

Do you mean using the r4i3d flash card on an NDS console and not a 3ds console. I thought that the r43ds flash card was only to be used on the 3ds console and not the NDS console.

I don't understand what you mean by "u need to upgrade the chip set on the inside"

If I had the r43ds flashcard working in the past using the technique I used earlier, why then does it not work for me again? To me, it seems like the 3ds firmware update has caused the issues?

Look forward to your feedback / solution

Thank you.

6. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

Because you updated your 3DS your R4i is now unable to operate on the 3ds, so you need to go to the website related to your card and see if you can locate an update file.

If there is an update file you need to run the said file on a DS/Lite as you are blocked on your 3DS to run flashcarts due to the recent update you put on.

7. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Let's break it down.
    On the website where you got the firmware, there will be something like a:

'3DS 3.0.0-6 Patch Update'

You will need to download that. Copy the .nds file from the archive to your card and then run the card in a DS / DS Lite.

After that, run the .nds file you copied and follow the prompts.
    Do not take out your card during the updating process

After updated, use your card on the 3DS.

^Hope this helps.

8. DominicSpolec

DominicSpolec Active Member

i have checked the webiste your left, and i didn't find any update files for 3DS V3.0, they didn't say their flashcard can support 3DS V3.0. can you ask them if there card works on the lateast 3DS V3.0