1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4I3D card without ''NEW'' updated kernel -- HELP

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by hiamer, Dec 1, 2011.

1. hiamer

hiamer Member

I need a new kernel for my card that not supported 3DS console, without labeled “new” [​IMG]because there are none new since 29-07-2011 at the web

please help me

Thanks in advance

2. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

http://www.r4i3d.com/index.htm?c=gamekernel

There is a reason why they put the site on the card you know

3. hiamer

hiamer Member

Thanks, But as I said It is very old 29-07-2011 i cant play the new games with it
    So I try to find some one expert to modify or create a new kerenel

4. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Mate, it was updated not even two weeks ago. Use your eyes, it's right there.

I made it easy for you...

http://www.mediafire.com/?ur5pbh33yqgxy8i

5. hiamer

hiamer Member

As I told you before my card without labeled “new” it is the old card not as shown in the photo above because they change the photo URL after I began this threat
    r4i3d.cc/gamekernel.htm

ok my friends

6. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

If I understand it correctly, your cart is "R4i3D Upgrade Revolution for DS running kernel v.2.2".

Haven't heard of any secondary firmware out there that support your cart. And I don't think anyone will work on it at the moment, and making a new kernel is not something that you can request, it'll require the source code file to work on. Unless you have the source code, its not going to happen. You'll be better off buying a better supported cart like an Acekard2i or Supercard DSTWO, than expect someone to create one for you, unless you're willing to commission for the work.

By the way; posting in 2 different sites won't do much difference, unless you can provide the "source code" to that cart. And I'm not talking about a copy of that "kernel v.2.2", its related to the basic program of the kernel so that programmers can work around it. Which is not an open source file, you'll need permission from the cart's developer to acquire their source file. You'll be just fighting a losing battle. What I can sugggest for you, is to send them a messege via their webpage requesting for new update. Cross fingers maybe they'll update it, but it'll take a long wait for that to happen; should it happen. ;)

7. hiamer

hiamer Member

No.....I need a new kernel for my card that not supported 3DS console, without labeled “new” because there are none new since 29-07-2011 at the web r4i3d.cc/gamekernel.htm

please help me

Thanks in advance

8. Prectorian

Haimer,

Do you have the source code for that R4i3D of yours? I'm not referring to the copy of the kernel in your cart cause anyone can just download a copy of that old kernel in that site. I'm talking about the basic program/software/coding which was use to build the kernal used in your cart. Do you have it? If there is a programmer out there willing to work on your problem. Will you reward him/her? A progammer's service is not free and is not cheap. Again, better just buy a new cart. Its the most feasible and logical solution, than going around various sites asking for someone to build a secondary firmware for you for free. Good luck, hope that clears your understanding and perception about your issue.

9. hiamer

hiamer Member

What do you mean by the source code?
    I dont understand
    Please explain to me in more detail

10. Prectorian

The source code is the basic program use to make the kernel you are using in that R4i3D cartridge. Its the programmer's/developer's software/file use to make updates for your kernel. Without that, no one can make a new update for your cartridge. Meaning the one that have that file is the R4i3D team. Its not open for public knowledge.

Here, you can read this for better understanding about what is "source code" in computer term; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Source_code

11. hiamer

hiamer Member

Ok but ask there is any other ways to modify the latest kernel and keep its menu as usual but change the DAT files to play the new games as good
    please reply to me

12. Prectorian

Again it goes back to the "source code", without that, its difficult to edit the DAT of your cart's kernal without causing a mess. The DAT file is compressed, it need to be decompressed and work around using the "source code" before you can recompile and use it. But its near impossible without the "source code".

13. keithizback

keithizback Active Member

easy fix, buy a better flash cart