1. This forum is in read-only mode.

r4i

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by jasond77, Feb 24, 2011.

1. jasond77

jasond77 Member

Hi All,

I am considering buying an r4i card, but I have recently been informed NDS regualrly 'screw' the cards if a NDS software update is accepted.

Is this accurate information?

If so how do you get around the problem (other than not updating), and what R4i card should I be considering?

Thanks in advance for any advice offered

2. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

Yes it is true but most flashcart updates can bypass this update.

Just get an acekard2i, it is a lot better and can offer such features such as AAP and can support moonshell and such.
    I don't know much but this will get answered in more detail.

3. jasond77

jasond77 Member

thanks for swift reply. for info (if it mattrs) the card will be to store games, music and movies on a ds i xl.

Incedentally, what is the movie quality like on the dsi xl?

My little boy is only 5 so not paticularly interested in state of the art veiwing, so long as the picture and sound quality are of reasonable standard

4. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

It's not anything to write home about, but for a 5 year old, I don't think he'd care.

5. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

never get an r4. you will just have a time of suffering with them. if you want the card just to do basic stuff like games movies and music, get acekard 2i that costs 15 dollars but is the second best card on the market. if you feel really cheap then go for a dstti which is 3 dollars but be careful since there are clones of this so you need to know where to buy it. and if you want the best of the best, get a supercard dstwo which costs 45 dollars but has many options to offer.

6. jasond77

jasond77 Member

Tomorrow I will be buying Acekard 2i AK2i Multimedia SDHC TF Card for DSi/NDSi/DS Lite, from R4Flash for 11.25 inc. delivery.

the fact I am purchasing it tomoorrow will hopefully leave time to attract more replies in the meantime to advice me otherwise if necassery

cheers

what is the criac with downloading NDS games for the R4i? I am planning on using it for storage and game backups (that I already own) only at the moment but would be interested in any loopholes to get some cheap games, as I think £20+ is nothing short of a disgrace considering the qa=uality of some DS games

7. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

I don't have a clue what you are trying to have.
    Please try use full english when possible.

8. jasond77

jasond77 Member

I am buying Acekard 2i AK2i Multimedia SDHC TF Card for DSi/NDSi/DS Lite, from R4Flash for 11.25 inc. delivery.

from website R4Flash

for £11.25 inc. delivery

What are peoples thoughts on usage of r4i? I am planning on using it for storage and game backups (that I already own)

I understand downloading games is illegal, so I am interested in how to get some inexpensive games, rather than spend £25 per game for the NDS

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

buy them off of the internet, i.e from Amazon. (and not as soon as they get released, the price tends to come down a bit after a while). Most of our NDS game pages contain a link to buy the game you're viewing from Amazon. There are no legal sites for downloading NDS games, sites where you buy NDS roms are even more illegal than the ones where you download them free.