1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4i

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by jow61, Oct 27, 2009.

1. jow61

jow61 Member

I have been having a problem with my R4i not working and displaying the message "Menu". I have just updated the system files with V1.4 and R4i is saying "please update the hardware for support latest firmware".
    I have gone onto www.r4i-sdhc.com and they are displaying this message "The card without V1.4 mark can not support NDSi console V1.4 temporary ,we suggest don't upgrade V1.4 version by network,to avoid causing cannot use. in case of any inconvenient ".
    Mine doesn't have the V1.4 mark on the box.
    Can someone please explain this to me in simple terms what it all means and what I need to do?

2. chaunceez

chaunceez Well-Known Member

whats the site on your box and wat r4i?
    gold or red?

3. jow61

jow61 Member

It is a red box www.r4i-sdhc.com I have gone into this site and it is not the upgrade version

4. chaunceez

chaunceez Well-Known Member

go to gbatemp or ask anandjones

5. jow61

jow61 Member

what is gbatemp or anandjones??

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Anandjones is a Moderator here. gbatemp.net is a website with DS homebrew, flashcart software, etc.

Anyway, you updated your DSi to 1.4, and your card does not support 1.4. There is nothing you can do. Your card doesn't have a firmware or flash update for it, instead they released a new card which is compatible with it.

The only thing you can do is get a new DSi without 1.4 and never update to 1.4, or buy a new flashcart that supports 1.4, and hopefully one that has a good, active development team. Like the Acekard 2i.

7. jow61

jow61 Member

So are you saying I cant use my card anymore and need to buy a new one? I have only had it a couple of months. I had to update because it stopped working

8. TirithRR

Did you update your DSi to 1.4? If you did than your DSi now blocks flashcarts.

If all you did was update the firmware of the flashcart, then you need to revert back to the non-1.4version firmware for your card.
    If you go to the website you posted, you will see a column of downloads for cards WITHOUT the 1.4 mark. The latest version for them is 1.09b, they cannot use the ones made for the 1.4 version.

9. jow61

jow61 Member

So by saying blocks flashcards does that mean R4's

10. TirithRR

R4 is a flashcart. A flashcart is a device used to play Homebrew and Games on your DS.

So did you update your DSi to 1.4, or did you just change the files on your R4i?

11. jow61

jow61 Member

I deleted all the files on my micro card and reloaded new files from the update V1.4. That is when I got the message on my Ds "please update the hardware for support latest firmware".

12. TirithRR

So you haven't updated your DSi to 1.4?

You said your R4i did not have the 1.4 mark on it. That means it cannot use the new files for the updated 1.4 card. You have to use the old files in the second column for the one WITHOUT the 1.4 mark on it.

13. jow61

jow61 Member

Yes I have just realised that I updated with the files with the 1.4 mark and I dont have the 1.4 mark. I will update with the other column and see what happens. Should that work?

14. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

15. jow61

jow61 Member

Thanks so much for all you help it is working ok on my DS but on my DSi it just comes up with error

16. TirithRR

When you start your DSi, without the R4i card in it, take a look at the bottom of the top screen. It will tell you the Firmware. 1.3, 1.4, etc.

What number does it say?

17. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

You just downloaded the 1.12 firmware for a card without 1.4 mark, try the firmware at the right.

18. FireKuraWolf

FireKuraWolf New Member

Is there a way to de-update a DSi?

19. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no.

20. FireKuraWolf

FireKuraWolf New Member

...Which means I can't use flashcards anymore?