1. This forum is in read-only mode.

r4i

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by jow61, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jow61

jow61 Member

After about a month of using my R4i it is not working and is saying "menu" on the screen. Does anyone have this problem and know how to fix it?

2. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Reinstall the firmware.

3. jow61

jow61 Member

I tried reinstalling everything and the same thing happened. I have 3 of them and each one has stopped after about a month with exactly the same problem

4. adriskrayzee

adriskrayzee Well-Known Member

Did you update to DSi 1.4? Maybe your cards are not compatible with that system version.

5. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

You have three of what?

Try formatting your microSD card(s) before reinstalling the firmware.

6. sadboy

sadboy Guest

ok it takes time erase everything on micro and then format pc if it dose it agan you need a new micro your pc has hidden files to block you mine did that i formated my pc now im fine just a sugestion you dont have to do it

7. jow61

jow61 Member

I havent updated with V1.4 but have not added anymore games or changed anything so the version shouldnt effect anything. Is that right? How do you format an micro SD card? It is just strange that I have 3 x R4i and the same thing has happened on each at approx the same time. It makes me wonder are the SD cards or R4i faulty or fake SD cards or is it to do with the system files.

8. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Version 1.4 of the DSi firmware blocks Flashcarts, so unless you installed a v1.4 fix on your R4i flashcart before updating, it will not work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.