1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4i...

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by sebyan, Jul 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sebyan

sebyan New Member

first of all, i'm sorry if i have got the wrong board but soon i am going to buy a new flash cart for my ds. I was wondering if you need a dsi to use a r4i or does it still work on a ds lite? sorry again for the n00bish question

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Please don't buy a R4i, they're not by the same manufacture as the old R4s which are so known, and these new ones are often far lower quality.

Instead I'd recommend an acekard 2i if you use a DSi or a normal one if you use a normal DSLite since it's cheaper. But any flashcart made for a DSi should work on a DSLite as well.

3. sebyan

sebyan New Member

is the acekard a similar price then because thats all i can afford

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

It should be-it's a far better card.

And you can use it on any ds-with more functionality (slot 2 usage with a slot 2 card inserted :))

On a dsi it just means (unless you upgrade it's firmware) that it WILL work-my older acekard 2.1 (not compatible with dsi-but works fine on others) won't show...

Have a look around-should be plenty of places that have it cheap-and don't worry-your not the only one asking this sort of question.

That's why we have this fourm :)

(at least it's in the right place with all the details-good post kind sir :) )

5. sebyan

sebyan New Member

thankyou for help :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.