1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4i v1.4 - Red Menu Error (tried all fixes I can see in forums)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by stu_brookes, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stu_brookes

stu_brookes New Member

Hi all,

I've got an "R4i-SDHC Upgrade Revolution for DS (NDSi/NDSL/NDS) v1.4" card. It came pre-loaded with software and was working, but in trying to be clever and get the menus working a bit slicker, I formatted it (FAT32) and went to download the official latest software, R4i v1.17b.

I've extracted the folder onto my MicroSD root exactly as described. So I've got the 3 folders (moonmemo, moonshl2, R4i Menu) and the R4.dat file all in the root of F:

However, every time I put the MicroSD card into the R4i card, I just keep getting the 'red folder' with the word "Menu?" in red on the top DS screen.

I remember in the original files was something called TT Menu, it was this I wanted rid of as the menu wasn't very slicky and I knew my 6yr old daughter would struggle with this.

Is this TTMenu imperative? Is there anything else I can do or try?

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

TTMenu is part of the DSTT firmware. It's used in the Ysmenu firmware, which is an unofficial firmware for the R4 and it's clones based off of the DSTT firmware.

Try using this version of the firmware instead.
    http://usa.r4i-sdhc.com/R4i%20English%20V1.09b.rar
    It could be that your card doesn't have the 1.4 mark on it.

3. totallydood

totallydood Guest

you cart should have the yellow 1.4 mark on it

4. 2004help

2004help New Member

5. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

That is the 1.09 firmware that it not working on his card, use this firmware:

The 1.12 firmware for your card - Fixes lots of games.
    Post Merge: [time]1267799357[/time]
    That is the only one available T.T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.