1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4i V1.4 (red box) help please.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by jozzra, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jozzra

jozzra New Member

Hi I bought two of these cards as a gift for friends but have been having some major issues! Firstly I downloaded the latest firmware from R4i-sdhc.com, and installed it, when I added game files some of them will not save. The message 'creating save file' comes up but whan I turn the DSi off and then on again the games have not saved. Sometimes it will say the save data is corrupt other times there is just no save data there at all and the whole game has to be started over. I have reformatted the micro sd cards countless times over the last couple of days and still no joy. I have redownloaded the firmware (which is 1.13b) three times and still it does the same thing. I phoned the company who told me to put each thing on oneat a time but this hasn't worked either. Although this is the first time I have tried to do a DSi card I have done several Ds cards in the past with no problems so I@m not a complete noob but this really has me stuck. I would be really grateful to anyone who can give me any help/ advice to solve this problem. Many thanks in advance Jo.

2. matty999555

matty999555 Well-Known Member

First what games are you trying? Some have AP which will prevent them from saving. Secondly if that fails, copy everything off your card and format.

3. jozzra

jozzra New Member

Hi, I have tried lots of different games, Mario Kart, New Super Mario Bros, Animal Crossing Wild World, Flips Cathy Cassidy, Tamagotchi Connection Cornershop 2 and 3, Diner Dash, All Star Cheerleader, Harvest Moon, Imagine Babysitter, Disney Club Penguin, Gardening Mama, Super princess Peach, Mario and Sonic at the winter Olympics, Up etc etc!. And I have formatted the memory card several times! And tried a different memory card but still the same issue, it will say creating save file but won't actually save the game.

4. spadesamuels

spadesamuels New Member

Same exact card...

If you load up your SD card and view all the files on your computer you will see all the SAV files the card creates. Some games will have created a SAV file but they will have renamed the game to all UPPERCASE. You will need to rename your rom (NDS file) to match otherwise the card wont link up the save file. Works everytime.

5. jozzra

jozzra New Member

^^ Hi thanks for your advice, I was really hopeful that this was the problem but have just put New Super Mario Bros on the card, it loaded and said creating save file, I played a level and saved but when I turned back on there was no save. So i put the SD card back in the pc to see if it had done what you said. there was a SAV file for NSMB but named in the same lower case as the rom. Any other ideas anyone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.