1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4i Ultra firmware

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Akujo, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Akujo

Akujo New Member

Hi,

I would like to ask if Akaio 1.8.6 is the latest/best firmware available for the R4i Ultra from R4ultradotcom. I would like to play games like pokemon conquest and other games that does not work on Akaio 1.8.6. I tried using YSmenu but it failed on me. Any solutions?

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Your AKAIO is out of date, latest is : v.1.9.0. You could go to the AKAIO website to download it.

Or, Try going here : http://www.r4wood.com/pages/R4i-Ultra-Kernel.html since you could also choose to use YSMENU, download it from the above link, but replace the 'extinfo.dat, infolib.dat, and savlib.dat' found in the TTMENU folder with either RetroGameFan's v.6.96 or Jhon 591's v.6.96 r6147, available from the TTMENU/YSMENU topic own by iluvfupaburger in the FLASHCART HELP SECTION. You'll still need to load via AKloader even after adding YSMENU.

But please don't ask me further about this, I don't have R4i Ultra. But do post your problem here if you must. Someone else with an R4i Ultra might be able to help you further.

3. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

There is only one akaio build for the R4 Ultra (1.8.6), you will need to purchase a different flashcart if you wanna play the newer releases.

4. RainThunder

RainThunder Member

prectorian's solution is enough.