1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4i Ultra An Error has occurred!? Please help me!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by pheekum, Dec 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pheekum

pheekum Active Member

I gave my dsi to my cousin who played it and then suddenly it said...An error has occured. Press and hold the POWER button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for details. And if you're going to say that it's because of the update.....the weird thing is I haven't updated and it is still in the version 1.3 also the R4i ultra was working perfectly before that ( well not perfectly i couldn't play most of the new games which i heard is a general problem for the R4's)

2. matty999555

matty999555 Well-Known Member

Check again if the ds is pre 1.4

If it is I have no idea. Sure he did't visit Nintendo shop. I think it can force it on you.

3. pheekum

pheekum Active Member

Yeah it does tell you to update to use it but it's V 1.3 i checked from the settings
    Post Merge: [time]1262172607[/time]
    Version 1.3 E

if it helps

4. matty999555

So it was working before and now doesn't.

Sounds like a problem with the Cards Firmware.

Recomend getting a new card. Doubt it will work again. Sorry.

5. pheekum

pheekum Active Member

NOOOOooooooo!

you've scarred me for life :(

6. matty999555

If its not update 1.4 All I can think it is is a problem with the card.

You could try formating the card, copy over a new copy of firmware and trying again.

But it should say Menu? or Loading if the menu is missing.

EDIT http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter/

EDIT 2 Try a real ds game. If that doesn't work theres something wrong with your dsi.

Also you CANNOT buy a real R4 any more. And R4i Ultra is a clone/fake. Recommend comparing other cards. GBAtemp is a good place to start.

7. pheekum

pheekum Active Member

Yeah i know

I tried that everythingis there and it doesnt say loading it just says the error message straight away

8. matty999555

So do real cards work?

If its just the R4 get a new card(I am going to get a Cyclo DS or SuperCard DS2(not out) next)

9. pheekum

pheekum Active Member

Oh Noooo, ive actually given my games to tha cousin that broke my r4i, which im totally regretting, but ill go visit tommoz and hopefully its my dsi....but if i trade it in ( lyk ive done 3 times already, i made some excuse to trade it in and it worked! xD) they might give me a dsi with 1.4 version automatically...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.