1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4i stopped working after software update

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by sjoshua, Mar 27, 2010.

1. sjoshua

sjoshua New Member

Going into the DSi store I was told I had to update my software to access the store, so I did. After the fact I realize now that not a single version of the R4i firmware works anymore (go Nintendo). Is there any form of work around people know, a firmware that is known to work for the R4i that I could get a link to, or does anyone know of what is considered the most consistently functioning replacement card I could buy to continue making use of sites such as this one to get my games? I'm not above and beyond buying good English releases but I am still pretty well refusing to spend the insane amounts to import Japanese titles that I want and would love a working card. Thanks for any help and suggestions ^^

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You will have to get a new flash cart as your R4i is not updateable.

I suggest getting the Acekard 2i.

It works with the DSi with 1.4x firmware.
    Wish x being your region (U, J, K, E).

3. totallydood

totallydood Guest

Ooh, unfortunately, your card will no longer work on your Nintendo DSi........

Updating your DSi is bad if you have a flashcart.......

Youre going to have to purchase a v1.4 compatible flash cart..

Acekard 2i is your best option as nearly all games including HGSS work flawlessly on it
    Post Merge: [time]1269666402[/time]
    http://www.leetmod.com/acekard-2i-cartridge-for-nintendo-dsi-ds-lite-ds-p-169.html?zenid=kv8buf6ja0foblnevhld7e7qn4
    you can buy an Acekard 2i here that is preflashed so that it will work out of the box with your 1.4 firmware DSi. :D

4. sjoshua

sjoshua New Member

I figured as much. Silly Nintendo you have cost me $20. Thanks for the link to leetmod, $20 after shipping for my new Acekard2i. Hopefully it's all it's said to be.

5. sjoshua

sjoshua New Member

As I wait for my AK2i to show up in the mail I wanted to pose a few questions:

1) Is there a preferred guide to setting this thing up once I get it?
    2) Will the .sav files from my R4i SDHC work just the same on the AK2i? I've never changed brands of cart before and am curious.

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Acekard AKAIO guide.
    http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?title=AKAIO

Save files should work just fine.