1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4i software crisis!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by trinidadkiva, Oct 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trinidadkiva

trinidadkiva Member

I have been unable to find the solution for my R4i dilemma -help! I have 3x red boxed R4i SDHC Upgrade cards with 4gig micro SDHC. My DSi's state on the start-system settings icon that they are version 1.3A. When I download software (ker 1.09b I believe is for me) I am unable to load all the games on correctly. A small number of the games appear under the games icon while all the games including the other 2/3rds that I can't play appear under the middle icon (multimedia?). I have tried numerous different software downloads without success and to make it worse 2 of the R4i cards now come up with a "fake card return to retailer" warning. I am happy to purchase new cards however I suspect that user error may be a key part here! (ps I have successfully used R4 cards in the past and never come across this before) Trinidadkiva ??? ???

2. sadboy

sadboy Guest

theres firmware 107b for fake red r4i cart wich plays new games and 2.00 for fake cart

3. trinidadkiva

trinidadkiva Member

Thanks but I'm unable to find 107b. Is firmware 107b the same as kernel v1.07b?

4. sadboy

sadboy Guest

5. trinidadkiva

trinidadkiva Member

Sorry I can't locate it -I can find sites where it is mentioned but no download. Any clues?

6. sadboy

sadboy Guest

i have it it aint on interniet no more
    Post Merge: [time]1255041834[/time]
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CURSRE24 enjoy for r4i sdhc red fake cart

7. trinidadkiva

trinidadkiva Member

Seems that I should buy new cards.

8. sadboy

sadboy Guest

did you get link it plays alot of games like sims agent mini nija for ones that dont play theres a patches for those games

9. trinidadkiva

trinidadkiva Member

Thanks for the link. I've downloaded the kernel and no longer get the "fake" message but now get the red box with "menu ?" in it. Arggggh!

10. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

It's not the correct firmware, or you didn't install it properly. Did you extract the archive, and have the single files/folders on the root of your MicroSD?

11. fgghjjkll

fgghjjkll Well-Known Member

can you tell me if it's a R4 clone, a AK2 clone, or a EZFlashV clone? there are too many clones nowadays

12. sadboy

sadboy Guest

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=downloads&do=view&type=cat&cat=34&page=7&cur_num=25&num=25&group=fname&order=ASC link for firmware get clean 107b not 1071b

13. trinidadkiva

trinidadkiva Member

-Thanks, this one has taken me back to where I started from. Now I'm back to having 40 games on the card with 16 being payable from the games icon while the others (40) are unplayable in the multimedia section. At least we have got past the fake card issue!
    Post Merge: [time]1255052120[/time]
    -thanks -I extracted it straight onto memory card but didn't check before playing-it had set up a folder and loaded into there! Sorted that out but still can't access majority of games.
    Post Merge: [time]1255052233[/time]
    -sorry linked to wrong quote. It's a R4I-SDHC Upgrade (redbox). From what I read this is perhaps the worstchoice!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.